P-47D RAZORBACK, 1/48 Monogram " DONE! "

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My esteemed colleagues of plastic, thanks for your time and comments :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:, ... here in Mexico are to begin a holiday period on the occasion of the Holy Week and the week after of the Easter.
We will depart my wife and young kids to the beach :hotsun:, unfortunately will bring my lap to track my business :rolleyes: ... but fortunately, some nights I can be uploading the photos that I have of my process and stroll through the forum and post some reviews :lol:. Remember this of modeling has become my therapist. :shocked!:

Thank you for your visits and we kept in touch. :salute:

Luis Carlos

Hope you have a great Easter break with the family Luis - and no doubt the weather will be better than here in the UK !

Have a nice break! Great work with wonderful details! FWIW... the two-layer chipping process that I used on my P-47D build was inspired by the work of a modeler that goes by the name of DOOGS. Here is his blog entry describing the technique...

Page not found | Doogs' Models

Hello my friends, I hope you are well !! 8)

Yes, my dear Terry, are only about 20° or 25° Celsius difference. My sister lived two years in London and two in Dublin Ireland, and yes, missed the warmth here, but also enjoyed the weather and stay in those lands. :toothy2:

Michael (fam43) I'm really enjoying much do their best for this old friend. :thumbright:

John (JKim), also I have as a reference the DOOGS blog (incidentally very interesting topics and modeling tips, as you say), the two have served me pretty :idea:, but when dealing with our own plane, your process has been of greatest inspiration :p, thanks for sharing.

To all of you and also to Geo and Wayne, thanks for your sincere wishes for this season. :thumbleft::thumbright:

... :rolleyes: ... I keep sacrificing and suffering from this horrible weather and place Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, xico.

Un fuerte abrazo y saludos :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

How are colleagues? Desire are well :wav:

Gracias Kev por tus palabras :p

Here I show as chipped at the top left. With its own coat of gloss varnish to seal both colors.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

They are a bit exaggerated but already with Olive Drab, I will be very careful in doing so delicately !! :oops:

Once dry the varnish, apply (a first for me) in a mixture of 50% of black green XF-27 and 50% of semigloss black X-18 both from Tamiya, to mark the panels and details in the fuselage and Tops undercarriage.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

I feel that the stripes were a bit thicker (I should refine airbrush needle) and see the resulting very dark color, but hopefully only need to emosión novelty.

I applied matte white XF-2 in the cowl and rudder, later applying red and leave the white stripe.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

:idea: :arrow: By the way if someone can recommend the shade of red, mixture of 2 or more colors :idea:, I have options Tamiya, Humbrol, Testors and Vallejo or if there is a spot color, ... on my return I buy. :signhelp:

So here I leave it forward taking advantage in the shadow of "palapa" :hotsun: ... now I'll send a couple of emails ... :computer:

Thank you for your visits and contributions with their comments. :occasion5:

Hasta pronto!!
:thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Thanks a lot Andy for your prompt response, I will take your suggestion utmost account :idea:. I remember that I have a Red Ferrari Vallejo (model air) and I can darken with black or brown. Already I consulted the color XF-7 in Federal Standard, I will test with Vallejo, otherwise, I have a hobby shop Tamiya close to home.

Are very friendly with their compliments Wojtek Huge :)
Is coming to an end the holiday season :|... as I say: I need more days for rest of the holiday !! 8)

Keep in touch
Seguimos en contacto :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Last edited:
Thanks David, tell me where you're posting your D-25, I would be interested enough to give you a peek.
I send you a warm greetings. :thumbup:

Nice work on the pre-shading! Don't worry about the thickness of the black lines... they will be greatly reduced/eliminated with the top colors. Make sure you thin your top coat colors adequately. If the paint is too thick, it will completely obliterate the pre-shading.

Thanks John and I will take into account your recommendation now I come back home and continue the top. :thumbright:

To see how the new process is ... very kind Wayne for your support. :thumbright:

As well, another group of pictures now that I have time. :lol:

I masked the cowl and rudder to spice up the white strip (although later will apply red color defining it)

44 Abr 07.jpg

I painted the bottom and gates with a mixture of Neutral Grey and Light Grey Tamiya (XF-53 and XF-63) in equal parts.
This mixture I added Tamiya Lacquer Thinner to make 50% and 50% with layers of paint to calculate the appropriate intensity and be notorious the panels.
.... And results :oops:

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

Waiting for your comments and suggestions, here I leave this one advancement.

Les mando muchos saludos!! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back