P-47D RAZORBACK, 1/48 Monogram " DONE! "

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My esteemed colleagues of plastic, thanks for your time and comments , ... here in Mexico are to begin a holiday period on the occasion of the Holy Week and the week after of the Easter.
We will depart my wife and young kids to the beach , unfortunately will bring my lap to track my business ... but fortunately, some nights I can be uploading the photos that I have of my process and stroll through the forum and post some reviews . Remember this of modeling has become my therapist.

Thank you for your visits and we kept in touch.

Luis Carlos

Have a nice break! Great work with wonderful details! FWIW... the two-layer chipping process that I used on my P-47D build was inspired by the work of a modeler that goes by the name of DOOGS. Here is his blog entry describing the technique...

Page not found | Doogs' Models

Hello my friends, I hope you are well !! 8)

Yes, my dear Terry, are only about 20° or 25° Celsius difference. My sister lived two years in London and two in Dublin Ireland, and yes, missed the warmth here, but also enjoyed the weather and stay in those lands.

Michael (fam43) I'm really enjoying much do their best for this old friend.

John (JKim), also I have as a reference the DOOGS blog (incidentally very interesting topics and modeling tips, as you say), the two have served me pretty , but when dealing with our own plane, your process has been of greatest inspiration , thanks for sharing.

To all of you and also to Geo and Wayne, thanks for your sincere wishes for this season.

... ... I keep sacrificing and suffering from this horrible weather and place Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, xico.

Un fuerte abrazo y saludos

Luis Carlos

How are colleagues? Desire are well

Gracias Kev por tus palabras

Here I show as chipped at the top left. With its own coat of gloss varnish to seal both colors.

They are a bit exaggerated but already with Olive Drab, I will be very careful in doing so delicately !!

Once dry the varnish, apply (a first for me) in a mixture of 50% of black green XF-27 and 50% of semigloss black X-18 both from Tamiya, to mark the panels and details in the fuselage and Tops undercarriage.

I feel that the stripes were a bit thicker (I should refine airbrush needle) and see the resulting very dark color, but hopefully only need to emosión novelty.

I applied matte white XF-2 in the cowl and rudder, later applying red and leave the white stripe.

By the way if someone can recommend the shade of red, mixture of 2 or more colors , I have options Tamiya, Humbrol, Testors and Vallejo or if there is a spot color, ... on my return I buy.

So here I leave it forward taking advantage in the shadow of "palapa" ... now I'll send a couple of emails ...

Thank you for your visits and contributions with their comments.

Hasta pronto!!

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Thanks a lot Andy for your prompt response, I will take your suggestion utmost account . I remember that I have a Red Ferrari Vallejo (model air) and I can darken with black or brown. Already I consulted the color XF-7 in Federal Standard, I will test with Vallejo, otherwise, I have a hobby shop Tamiya close to home.

Are very friendly with their compliments Wojtek Huge
Is coming to an end the holiday season ... as I say: I need more days for rest of the holiday !! 8)

Keep in touch
Seguimos en contacto

Luis Carlos

Last edited:
Thanks David, tell me where you're posting your D-25, I would be interested enough to give you a peek.
I send you a warm greetings.

Nice work on the pre-shading! Don't worry about the thickness of the black lines... they will be greatly reduced/eliminated with the top colors. Make sure you thin your top coat colors adequately. If the paint is too thick, it will completely obliterate the pre-shading.

Thanks John and I will take into account your recommendation now I come back home and continue the top.

To see how the new process is ... very kind Wayne for your support.

As well, another group of pictures now that I have time.

I masked the cowl and rudder to spice up the white strip (although later will apply red color defining it)

I painted the bottom and gates with a mixture of Neutral Grey and Light Grey Tamiya (XF-53 and XF-63) in equal parts.
This mixture I added Tamiya Lacquer Thinner to make 50% and 50% with layers of paint to calculate the appropriate intensity and be notorious the panels.
.... And results

Waiting for your comments and suggestions, here I leave this one advancement.

Les mando muchos saludos!!

Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread