P51-D "Snifter"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

yeah im impressed i guess your a big fan of the mustang?

:D Im very pleased with how well this model has come along. I have been pushed to enter the "Snifter" in the next QMHE. ( See photo below for more details ).

All moderators and fellow members of ww2aircraft web site i would like to put down your site as a reference for the QMHE comp. And if its all right by the moderators. Also like to get some flyers made up for your web site!! As you guys have giving me alot of advice and im sure their is alot of others who would love your help in return.

When the new owners pick this model up. Id like to donate $200 towards everyones efforts and help maintain the well being of ww2aircraft web site.

I know the model is not finnished yet so here are more pics.

I didnt like the idea of the of the thin wire used to hold the flaps inplace so i used every day pins they work alot better. Enjoy!

Thanks Again Everyone

Attachments

• IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0205.JPG
    IMG_0205.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 47
and more lol

Attachments

• IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0214.JPG
    IMG_0214.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 46
I dont know what to build next after this is finnished? hmm maybe that captured me109 but all so thinking of doing a corsair in 1/48 scale. Im also very interested in doing a 1:72 scale p40 kittyhawk with all the wires and frame work very detailed with alot of custom photo etched parts made by me :). Sorry guys no more work done to the p51-d yet. As i just brought the pc game hawx and oh my god the graphics. the game play is a little unrealistic.

Actually that does sound good

Dan will be doing his Grandfathers bird ,Cory will also be doing an American scheme on his F-4? Il be doing an RNZAF Corsair anyone else building a Corsair for the PTO thread?

What scheme ya thinking of for yours Greedy?

I do indeed have a corsair F4U-4 which I would love to enter but I might not be able to hold out for that long.. the only kits in the stash are the corsair, a p-61 [ugggghhh] and a PT-109 boat. If I did do it though, it would be the marines scheme.

Im thinking of the rare australian/newzealand paint scheme. I have some photos of the real plane. I dont think it seen battle but was tested for a short time.

Just thought id stop by and post more pics ;). She's all bogged up and just about ready for the spray both!!. And 109 roaming ill pm you the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 43

Users who are viewing this thread

Back