Pacific Fighters Screenshots.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

that flack is light lol, i will add another to this post that will blow ur socks off...

as promised
spot the plane lol
spttplane1.gif

boooooom.gif

outpost raid
aveit.gif

picture014.gif

greed = demise
laststraw.gif

picture019.gif

All bar the first 2 were on my old Nvidia 9700GT

The first 2 were on my new machine with

E8400 dual core
Ati 4850 gfx card

Take a look at the water in danger's pics on the previous page, he must have a great hardware set-up too. (I didn't know it could look that good either)

Take a look at the water in danger's pics on the previous page, he must have a great hardware set-up too. (I didn't know it could look that good either)

That's one of the novelties that was introduced in Pacific fighters. To get that you should do the folowing (from Ubisoft site)
To see the updated water render please modify the Water section in the file conf.ini in the [Render_OpenGL] section.

* Water = 0 or 1 – No changes in version 4.03.
* Water = 2 – This mode is visually similar to water = 3 but it runs on ATI cards 9800, X800, X1800 and later models.
* Water = 3 – Fast render mode with Vertex Shaders 3.0 (NVIDIA 6600 and later models)
* Water = 4 – Better quality mode with Vertex Shaders 3.0 (NVIDIA 6800 and later models)

Reminder:
ATI supports modes: 0, 1, 2
NVIDIA 6600 and later models support: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
NVIDIA cards before the series 6xxx support 0, 1, 2 (2 is not recommended)

The Print Screen button or fraps or something like that. After you hit Print Screen, you have to paste it into a program like MS Paint and then just save it.

Normally, IL-2 will save a screenshot to the main folder, something like C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik\ as a .TGA file (grab000.tga, grab0001.tga, etc)

All you need to do, is simply press your Print Screen button (top row of the keyboard) and then it saves to the folder I mentioned above.

Just about any of your imaging programs will open a .TGA file to edit, but Paintshop and Photoshop convert with the best image resolution.

Converting a .TGA to a .JPG is pretty easy, just open a screenshot, like grab000.tga in your image editor, then click Save As, select .JPG from the list, give it a name, like A6M_over_beach.jpg for example, and place it in a folder of your choice. I created a folder on my drive specifically named Screens for saving screenshots.

Then come here and share it! :lol:

Thanks. Fraps wasn't very helpful, since it saved BMP which had poor quality instead of PNG or JPG, and I needed to register to change the file type from BMP to PNG. I'll post some screenshots later.

-Pong

Here ya go.

F4F flying close to the water....

F4F.png

I'm currently running PF on my old 64mb video memory, 512mb RAM PC so the graphics quality is quite poor (It is poor!). The game runs fine (even with several graphic effects turned all the way up) so I'm probably the only one here running PF on the oldest PC.

Heh, my game doesn't look much better. It's hard for me to believe some of those earlier pictures in the thread were from the same game.

I was playing out in the Solomons today.

Oh, and Geist...I see your low flying antics and raise you a sinking Zuikaku!

Attachments

• Cuttin it close.jpg
    Cuttin it close.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Checking the oil.jpg
    Checking the oil.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Deflection.jpg
    Deflection.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Bridges are for wussies 1.jpg
    Bridges are for wussies 1.jpg