PBY CATALINA

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ahoy Lucky 13
thank you for your reply and all of the info you added to my thread a loit great food for thought on this calssic airplane of the a bygone age. I love those Black cats they were a potient flyingboat with a punch of a killer bee. thanks my man stay tune the mighty Catalina is taki9ng form.

Boats

Ahoy Fellas
Here is the update for tomight the fuselage and tailfeathers are completed and ready for the final paint schedule the fi nal paint scheme will be done tomorrow and tomorrow evening i will start on the massive wings.Alot of work was done on the fuselage time consumeing to say the least. I dry fitted the gunners blister to check for alignment it all fits well without a fuss so i am good to go on the final paint job. tonight before I hit the old fart sack I will do some masking around thye canopy and nose turret windows and finish up the remaining masking in the morning. Then it will be time to fire up the old Airbrush I already mixed up my dark and light gull gray so i am good to go there. Here is the update for the night.

Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 72
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 96
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 100
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 74
Great stuff Boats. Not opening the gunner's positions?

Ahoy Terry
Thanks Terry for your al;ways wonderfull replies, I elected not to open up the gunners compartment It should have been opened up earlier in the construction but with the kits cardstock inlays its effective but no cigar. But once the ship is completely painted you will hardly see it. I am masking the clear parts now on the next photo uipdate the fuselage will be completly painted i will have this update this evening sometime. thanks Terry

Boats

Looking forward to it. Have you by any chance built, or seen, the Guillows B-17 balsa kit? I was wondering if it is possible to add scale internal detail to areas such as the nose, waist gun window positions and bomb bay, without weakening the overall structure. I fancy (some day!) building one as a 'ceiling hanger' - too darn big to have on a shelf !

Ahoy
Thanks fellas for your replies she is starting to look like a PBY now I just finished her paint schedule and the decals have bewen applied. tomorrow I will remove all of thye maskings and paint the tyres. also do a little touch up here nad there and I will start on her vulture like wings all 50 inch,s of them here is the update photos as promised.

Boats:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 100
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 83
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 79
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 91
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 86
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 87
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 106
  • PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 107
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 80
Wow Boats, you have certainly moved on since I last took a peek. Nicely done mate.

Ahoy Vic
thank you for your reply on my Dumbo, I could have got a lot done but i had a huge honey do list my old woman wanted me to do you got to keep mama happy if you done you be in drydock with no glue and a couch to sleep on LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLllllllllllllll she is coming along very well again Dear Sir I thank you.

Boats

Ahoy
such a nice sunny day and the huge size of this Catalina I thought it would be a great Idea to take her outside for some pictures I done a lot of touch up here and there i got the remainder of the undercarriage all squared away also some touch up painting. This morning i removed all of the maskings painted all of the tryres gave the ship 5 cdoats of Krylon clear magic in a can. let her dry for 4 hours took her outside for some pix. Next I willl start on the massive wings should have her done by the end of this week. Here are the updates fellas.

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 88
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 76
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 96
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 103
Ahoy
Thanks fellas for your reply as of now I just completed the center wing section letting same dry then i will give it a good sanding and dope the framework and go to the outboard wing panels and do the same then i will sking the wings and go to the engine nacelles.

Attachments

• PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 104

Users who are viewing this thread

Back