Pearl Harbor Type 97 Carrier Bomber Kate (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff Wayne!!! And good going on the 2nd, but you probably should have got first from what I have seen.

Thanks Guys, well the first placed Panther was pretty good too, tpicdave, what do you think?

Attachments

• Panther_301.jpg
    Panther_301.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 139
Oh, and a couple more of the Kate cockpit as it all comes together.

Attachments

• Cockpit_a.jpg
    Cockpit_a.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Cockpit_b.jpg
    Cockpit_b.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Cockpit_c.jpg
    Cockpit_c.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 156
Wayne

I can almost feel that fire breathing SOB on my neck. Man, that is a beautiful machine. Its strange how war begets such masterpieces of mechanization.

The Kate looks awesome, can't wait for more.

Some more progress, the fuselage is assembled and seams sanded for the most part, bit more still to go and some panel line detail to fix.

Attachments

• imgp5956 fuselage_a.jpg
    imgp5956 fuselage_a.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 116
  • imgp5957 fuselage_b.jpg
    imgp5957 fuselage_b.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 113
actually just a question wayne...

When you put fuselague halves together and theres a small gap do you use filler/putty or superglue?

I find even with my careful masking I'll use putty no worries but lose panel detail so i take it you rescribe those areas?

Heinz, the size of the gap and location will dictate whether I use superglue or putty. More often than not I tend to use superglue but it can sometimes be a pain in fiddly areas, such as the base of the fin where there can be some delicate detail. I try to work very carefully to avoid losing panel line detail, putty is better to use in these areas as it is much easier to rescribe detail if some still remains, the putty is softer than the superglue.

G'day fellas

I make my own filler from liquid poly and the sprue from the model.
Put some poly into a glass container and add chopped up sprue.
The Poly melts the sprue. You can add as much as you like, but I have found that a milk like mix applied with a small brush works great.

Graham. :thumbup:

Great idea cept you'd need a fair bit of poly no?

It likes Italeri plastic too much though had dints in my engine panels on my 109Gustav!

Yes! I've heard of that method before but haven't used it, should try it some time.
Actually Heinz you dont need much at all as long as the small amount of sprue is chopped into very small pieces, the smaller the pieces the quicker the liquid poly attacks it and melts it.

Spot on Wayne. Add more sprue for a thicker consistency.

@Heinz I have never built an Italeri kit, but I have never had a problem with the kits that I have built using Poly. Everything in moderation M8. I use a 00 brush to apply the glue to the seams, give it a bit, then press the sections together firmly until a small bead appears where you applied the glue. When its dry you can lightly sand the seam for an excellent looking join.
I only use the Poly - Sprue method where the fit is bad.
I know there are many ways to do this, but I have used this method without any problems.

Graham. :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back