Personal Backgrounds (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Delusional

Airman
Jan 8, 2006
Illinois
As I am new to this forum, I just wanted to know about those of you who have interesting personal backgrounds. It seems as though there are a great many intelligent and experienced members of this website who, just by knowing a bit about, could add to my own knowledge, which is ultimately why I joined this forum. Please note that even if you think your life story is not all that exciting, I may think otherwise, so please feel free to post.

Hmm, ok - super condensed background for me:

Born: a long time ago - Suez Crisis time

Schooling: Primary, Secondary, some college, but dropped out

Worked in an electronic components shop for my dad, before joining the RAF.

RAF stuff: Signed up for 9 years, trained as Ground Radar technician, completed 13 months training colleted 4 of the 5 possible merit awards awarded to our course. Worked on display systems for a while, before volunteering for a missile training scheme. Became a Bloodhound MkII technician, signed on for an extra 3 years, got married and divorced before the end of my time. Also worked on fixed and mobile radar systems in Norfolk. Finished my 12 years in the RAF...

Went back working for my old man in Norfolk for a short time before moving south to find a new job (and woman) Now working for an AV company doing design work - I'm pretty much at my desk all day now, having started as an engineer and then begun the CAD department, which is a 2 man crew right now, expanding to 3 next month (all Macs btw) and if you are really interested it's http://www.gibson-music.com/ :) so.. pretty much been with the same woman, same job for 18 odd years now...

So.. anything you want to know about radar, missiles, or home cinema, I'll try and help :p

Born back in the late 80s in some sh*t hole in Scotland ...now I live in a sh*t hole in England. I'm a drunken idiot ...and don't know sh*t ...

My Mother Is from London and my father is From Italy...born and raised in Cornwall, We decided it would be nice to move back to Italy 3 years ago. So, Im a 16 year old, Intelligent, Anglo-Italian Student Living in Modena...

Theres a rumour flying around on the site that both my Folks are from Peckham and that ive lived in Cornwall nearly all my life, but id ignore that. ;)

yeah if me and CC seem like we know each other off the site, it's because he used to go to school with me here in cornwall before he moved out to italy, as for me, i'm the son of a farmer.........

Born in NY, finished HS and college in California. 28 years in aviation. Worked for Lockheed, Boeing, Northrop, Sikorsky and BAE to name a few. Worked on or with the F-117A, P-3, C-130, L1011, B-2, F-4, F-5, F-86, DC-10, B737, DC-9 and B727 to also name a few. I also worked on dozens of general aviation aircraft as a mechanic and inspector. I was in the Naval Reserve for 6 years as well. I'm and A&P/ IA Commercial Pilot and Flight Instructor. I've also flown about 20 different aircraft and gliders and have logged time in the F-4 and the L-29 Delfin which I fly regularly - I'm in the process of getting my LOA in the L-29.

Does anyone else find it ironic that Clave's "super condensed background" was actually the longest reply thus far on this thread? ;)
Either he's a megalomaniac, or the rest of you are very humble. Especially you, Lancaster. Surely there's more to you than being the son of a farmer. Plan_D, that bit about you not knowing sh*t was just a flat-out lie, although I'm sure that you don't appreciate that I said so. Nonskimmer, what's your story? DerAdlerIstGelandet, what made you join the U.S. Army?

Born on Long Island New York in 1966, graduated High School lettering in Hockey, Lacrosse and Football... Went to Syracuse University on a Lacrosse Scholarship... Stayed there 2 years, then pursued a Hockey career in the ECHL... Never really made anything happen there except alot of fights, so I joined the Navy...

Got to visit many interesting places and cultures including Panama, Nicaragua, Iraq, Bosnia, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Somolia, and Haiti.... Other places that I've been to but didnt shoot anything were Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Egypt, France, Italy, Slovenia, England, Scotland, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Iceland, Norway, Germany, Greece, Crete, Cyprus, Ukraine, Israel, Jordan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Yemen, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Brazil, and Argentina... I think thats all of em....

Left the Teams after the Haitian f*ck up, got into the civilian world and never looked back.... Currently do Communications work and am my own boss... I have an 18 year old son and a wife that is 100% Irish with red hair and an attitude that spews forth like the lava flows of Vesuvius...

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to visit many interesting places and cultures including Panama, Nicaragua, Iraq, Bosnia, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Somolia, and Haiti.... Other places that I've been to but didnt shoot anything were Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Egypt, France, Italy, Slovenia, England, Scotland, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Iceland, Norway, Germany, Greece, Crete, Cyprus, Ukraine, Israel, Jordan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Yemen, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Brazil, and Argentina... I think thats all of em....
I envy you.What were you doing there?

Delusional said:
Nonskimmer, what's your story?
Not much of a story. I'm Nova Scotian, and therefore next to god himself. :cool:
I'm regularly dogged by Albertans, Ontarians, and Québecers .:munky2:

On top of that, I occasionally work on a boat. When it works, it goes down and I constantly pray that it'll come back up. So far, so good. :thumbright:

Wow, les, you've been to a lot of places. Do you regret being in the Navy, then, or are you just glad to be out? Wow, a Seal... :notworthy: I am definitely not worthy. Nice analogy with the wife there, too, by the way! :lol: Nonskimmer, all I have to say is LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back