Philippines hit by typhoon (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Somebody help me out... we used to have a frequent posting member from the Philippines. Used to post a lot in the modeling section. Anybody remember his name? It's on the tip of my tongue...

Sure hope he is okay.

Pong (Arlo) is the one I am aware of, but there might have been another one as well. An American IIRC.

If it's Arlo I sent him a message but have not heard back from him. I cannot remember if he was in Manila.

Pong (Arlo) is the one I am aware of, but there might have been another one as well. An American IIRC.

If it's Arlo I sent him a message but have not heard back from him. I cannot remember if he was in Manila.
When I first heard of the Typhoon bearing down on the Phillipines, I thought of Pong. If I remember right, he lived in the Manila area.

I know we've had several members from the Phillipines and I hope that Pong and the others, along with thier families and friends are safe and out of harm's way.

Hey all!

Wow, first of all oh my goodness, thank you all for your concern, Matt, GG, vB, Terry, Gnomey and Shinpachi. And I apologize for not updating here on the forums. >_>

Manila was relatively untouched by Haiyan, and throughout the day it was mostly rain and moderate winds. However the city of Tacloban, as some of you have seen, was just flattened. Towns in and around Manila collected donations for the Philippine Red Cross, but even with all the aid we've received both locally and internationally, they are still running relief efforts there and are still recovering bodies. It will possibly be a few years before Tacloban and the surrounding areas go back to normal.

I just hope that there won't ever be another typhoon like this again. What happened in the Central P.I. was just horrifying.

Again, thanks for your concern guys.

-Arlo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back