Planes of Fame: Chino Air Show

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, Chino has an original A6M, I think it's a A6M5, but may be wrong on that one.

Fantastic pics Merv.

Edit: Eric beat me to it........

Pretty sure that's the only complete A6m left in the world...

Yep.
Although there are about ten complete World War Two Japanese Mitsubishi Zero fighters still intact around the world, two of them airworthy, the Planes of Fame Air Museum at Chino Airport in Southern California boasts that Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero No 61-120 in its collection is the only fully authentic flyable example in the world.
PLANES of FAME - Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero/Reisen/Zeke

Wheels

Actually, there are some more flyable Zeros around. There are at least 2 in Japan, where the gentleman that owns them cannot get the insurance to fly them (Mr Harada). There is also at least 1 other in the US that is flyable, but not flown because while he can get insurance, he cannot afford it for a Zero. There is a list on the web at
The Mitsubishi Zero - Preserved and Restored Aircraft

I would love to see all the flyable ones up at one time. That would really be something.

I finally finished all the edits and posted the photos this morning. There are 32 galleries of photos from the show. Click the banner below to see the galleries.

chino2010_banner.jpg

Samples? Alright, here are a few.

11 Mustangs in formation at the start of the day!
DSC_4155.jpg

The N-9MB returned to the sky for the first time since 2006:
DSC_5074.jpg

Skyraider Bob and his daughter returned to the Chino show. :)
DSC_4387.jpg

Even a Sherman Tank
DSC_7219.jpg

Nice shots,I came over from the UK for the show was there both days,top show,Duxford Flying Legends over here on the 10/11july similar show but probably some rain and we have to pay for the flight line walk.

Last edited:
Merv

Still catching up on missed threads...thats a great set of shots you have there, sure makes me miss my trips to the US with Rocketeer, to visit your airshows !.

Many thanks for posting !. Keep 'em coming !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back