Police Cars.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alfa Romeo 159 in Italy.

IMG_0129.gif

Well, I'll go down to my dads station soon and take some pics. But here on some on the internet.....

1st pic: I don't know who is in the car but it's the Ford Expedition my dad drives
2nd pic: The towns (25,000 people) patch
3rd: HQ and there right next to a fire house as you can see.

Attachments

• Ford Expedition!.jpg
    Ford Expedition!.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 591
  • Ford Explorer 1.jpg
    Ford Explorer 1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 548
  • Ford Explorer 2.jpg
    Ford Explorer 2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 539
That looks like a cool old Police Station B17! Love old one like that, that is how a police station is supposed to look IMO!

Yea, I like the look too :D

But is a bit crammed with 30 officers on at a time :lol:

Station has:

5 Lieutenants (My dad being one of them :D)

15 Sargent's

and 52 Corporals.

Looks like a clubhouse in Brookline i had a few beers in when I was there. Here's a pic from the course, but from the front it looks a bit like your Dads HQ.

clubhouse.jpg

I know I posted this cart in the other police car thread, but I'll drop it in here too...

This CHP golf cart is a genuine law enforcement vehicle, used at special events and is equipped with Code1 and Code2 lighting and a siren/PA...

The Radar trailer was being repaired, and we had a little fun with the sign. This was behind the shop, out of view of the public. When I had it out front of the shop for testing, I had the actual posted limit on display.

Attachments

• golfcart2.jpg
    golfcart2.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 294
  • golfcart1.jpg
    golfcart1.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 293
  • need4speed.jpg
    need4speed.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 281
"Almost caught up with a jaywalker, but he turned out to be a speed-walker and managed to elude pursuit."

I heard recently that all energy drinks were banned in Italy for this same reason! Gives the walker too much of an advantage!

So, they hand out tickets for speedwalking then or WUI?
Or would that be "Stumbling Under the Influence"? :lol:

Here's some photos of CHP (California Highway Patrol) vehicles taken over the years at the shop.

IMG 1: Unit 6915...this vehicle is also called "RoboCop" because it's a prototype test vehicle. It has onboard computer systems that automate the vehicle's functions and uses voice commands and has a HUD display (visable just above and to the left of the steering wheel).
IMG 2: One of two Camaros that were in service in this area between 2003 and 2006.
IMG 3: Yep...that's me in that "slicktop"...
IMG 4: Unit RRV1 is a mobile incident command post, capable of interagency co-ordination.
IMG 5: The business end of RRV1.

Attachments

• RRV1-b.jpg
    RRV1-b.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 256
  • Dave_CHP.jpg
    Dave_CHP.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 297
  • camaro_1.jpg
    camaro_1.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 6915_a.jpg
    6915_a.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 264
  • RRV1-d.jpg
    RRV1-d.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 252
There's quite a few bucks worth of gear in there, indeed.

The telecomm coverage is staggering. They have a real-time satellite uplink to a state-wide network that allows this Redding unit to monitor L.A. area CHP ops, for example. That allows the incident commander to have real-time data on anything from a school takeover, to a natural disaster.

The radios cover UHF and VHF (27MHz, 46-47MHz, 144-174MHz, 512MHz, 816-900MHz and 1.8-2.3GHz) and can communicate on multiple bands at the same time.

And the list goes on...it's an impressive set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back