Possible MTO group build Revell P-40B 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
I have this in the start to finish section because I am not sure that I will find proper decals for my P-40. If I can't, it'll be a normal build if I can a Mod can move it to the group build folders? Here are pictures of the kits and decals the white lettering is K - H - R . If anyone has P-40B decals 1/48 send me a PM please!

Attachments

• 102_3849.jpg
    102_3849.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 102_3855.jpg
    102_3855.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 102_3858.jpg
    102_3858.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 102_3859.jpg
    102_3859.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 182
  • 102_3860.jpg
    102_3860.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 102_3864.jpg
    102_3864.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 102_3863.jpg
    102_3863.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 157
Last edited by a moderator:
If I can't find proper decals it may be a Me-109 I will do, if it's not the right variant, I will have to do a ..... do I dare say it.... SM.79

Now these should be seen.

Harrison , when you resizing pictures with the Irfanview , please, set JPG file format before you save a picture.

I have told him the same. What is more the white letter "R" can be used when the right "leg" will be cut off. I cannot see the serial number but it can be adjust as well.If not this can be the only thing that Herrison needs.

Last edited:
Where do I go to set that? Sorry about that guys !

2 question for anyone, What color whats the cockpit of the P-40B seats, instrument panel etc

Also, I have this thing called Nothhapton or Northhampton (Not sure) Putty, it's like a liquid form, is that OK for sealing the fuselage together.

Wojtek the serial number is AH881

Last edited:
Click the icon of a diskette on the tool bar of the Irfanview program or choose the save ( save as) from menu "File" and in the requester for saving you will find it at the bottom of the window.Click the marked with the red arrow square. I know there are Polish captions in the pic but it should look the same but with English ones on your screen.Scroll the list down set the JPG

Attachments

• resizing.jpg
    resizing.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 164
Thanks Wojtek 8) . I am curious would you know what the seat color in the P-40B was. I would like to make some progress today before noon, I am going to see a friend for a while but will be back around 5.

What's processing?

It says to paint the cockpit interior green? Does Olive Drab or something of that nature work as a substitute?

Last edited:
Processing...it was my joke, sorry But it is connected to data base program when it looks for something or set datas correctly.

Yest the whole interior of P-40 cockpit was painted with interior green.But I have found the Curtiss factory used its own colour. However I think it was the Interior Green but applied on a primer and the preservative coat of Yellow Zinc Chromate or Green Zinc Chromate.

Here these colours by ModelMaster.

Attachments

• interior green 1.jpg
    interior green 1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 154
  • interior green 1a.jpg
    interior green 1a.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
No, AH881 is not correct. But firstly you have to decide which P-40B you are going to build.

Concerning buying these clours ...it would be better if you could purchase them but if you are short of money....

Have you had silver , yellow and green paints yet?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back