Post models that aren't yours !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is that nose art of the eyes typical for Polish Migs, Wurger? (Sorry, I'm pretty ignorant regarding Polish aircraft matters!)
I think I've seen it on Indian Migs before, but I might be just be getting confused (again)...!

It's OK A4K nobody is perfect including me.:lol:
But these bird eyes were mostly tipical for planes used by squadrons that operated from airfirlds on Pomerania (Polish coast).These eyes were painted according to attempts to avoid air accidents with birds that occured there very often.The tests revealed that it was enough to paint these eyes only instead of a whole bird head on a plane nose.What is more, it turned out that the most important element of this was a colour of an eye iris.It seems that all birds are able to recognize very quickly what kind of a bird of prey tries to hunt on them just seeing his eye iris.Besides they know all bird hunters that are tipical for the area.There is something in this ,because when these hawk eyes were painted on fuselages the number of accidents greatly decreased.

Wurger.........

There must be truth in that, all raptors have yellow iris's I believe. Especially noticeable in Owls. I am an occasional birder and have seen tiny birds with red eyes and some waterfowl like the Grebe also have them, but all our hawks and Eagles here in Oregon are yellow-eyed.

I think you both are right.Especially Tpikdave.These colours of the raptor's eye iris are very charakteristic for many species.As I remember this problem had been discussing with some ornithologists before thes eyes were painted.

Spotted this on another forum, absolutely incredible! Cost him around £12,000 to build

Image021.gif

Image026.gif

Image034.gif

Image041.gif

Super_Hornet_Jolly_Roger_0051.gif

Hornettakeoff.jpg

from Pics of your models, please!

Great model.Looking at the first pic I was sure this stuff is for jet engines for modellers.Fantastic.But the cost is unacceptable for most of young guys I think.
THX for posting NC.:D

It is incredible but shame he didn't provide more detail on how it was built. I could never spend that amount on a model and even if I did I'd be too scared of using it in case it crashed

I think that assembling of a such kind of models is the same like for classic models to a certain extend of course.The difference is the powerplant.As I remember the jet engines are sold with all the additional stuff.You have to buy a proper kit for your model only and put these pieces together.Unless you assemble a scratch-built model.

Very impressive, thanks NC. That's alot of money for a model - I think I'd be too sacred to fly it too,at that cost - one crash and 12 grand down the toilet...

Would be cool though. Especially putting some of that water exploding sodium in paper rockets or something on it and dropping them into water... Would be an impressive show...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back