Post models that aren't yours !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow, fantastic......and the TA-152 is perfect.... How are those done? I couldn't fine the Wellington?

Really nice wooden models.I like the way they made those panels.
THX for posting here.:D

Heres his site. Click Works to view Wellington and how to construct a mosaic.

index

Wurger, who makes the Fiat Br.20 model? Is it 1:72?

Also regarding that Me 323, your mate did a great job! Did he have any problems with construction of the kit? - I'm slow building this at the moment myself, just awaiting detailed internal information.

My (very understanding) fiancée came up with the idea of making a wooden sided, glass top coffee table to display it in. It's a big kit, and this way it will be seen, but the space it occupies will be usable. She's not stupid, my girl!

Hi A4K,
The Br.20 was made by one of my mates.And yes it is 1:72 scale model,as memory serves Italeri kit.Here some pics of a small part of his collection.

The Me 323 was made using the Revell kit as I remember.My mate said that the kit was easy to assemble.You have to be careful with gluing of these long edges of the fuselsge and wings.The rest of pieces is a piece of cake.If you want I can ask him about more details.

Your fiancée is right.It is a good idea.Congrats for her on behalf of me,please.The model is really big and it is very hard to keep it in another way.
My mate's Me 323 is exhibited in my friend's model shop and it has to be protected by the galass box with the wooden basis against "all interested in it guy's hands".

Attachments

• Img_0118.jpg
    Img_0118.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Img_0119.jpg
    Img_0119.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 189
  • Img_0120.jpg
    Img_0120.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 192
Thanks for the info and photos, Wurger!

I would appreciate any advice or comments your mate could offer regarding construction of the Me 323 (the Italeri kit is the one in question, as far as I know no-one else has made it in 1:72).
..You can build fighters by the dozen, but this thing is so big, I'll be doing it ONCE, and want to get it right!

I'll pass your kind comments on to my fiancée too, I think she'd like that.
I'm really lucky to have someone who supports my interests like she does!

Thanks again, Evan

So OK. I'll ask him for more datails on the assembling of the model.Maybe I should ask him for writting these details,then I could translate it into English....

As far as your girl is concerned,I've read somewhere that if an aviator ( modeller) want to have a fiancée and then a wife, he should take her to a hangar or the place where he makes models.If there is something what stinks for her (fuel,oil,thinners,paints,etc...) it means she is not a good candidate.
It seems your fiancée has passed.:D

She sure did, Wurger! Turps and oil paints still stink, but as long as I keep a window open she dosen't complain...

Thanks again for your help, I'd really appreciate it!

You are welcome A4K.Give my best to Weronika ,please.:D

In meantime, here some pic of MiG-21bis.

Attachments

• MiG21bis_1.jpg
    MiG21bis_1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 173
  • MiG21bis_2.jpg
    MiG21bis_2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 180
  • MiG21bis_3.jpg
    MiG21bis_3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 182
Wow!! For all the fantastic detail work you would think that a masking 101 would be in order. Don't get me wrong. I couldn't clean the brushes of these gents, but then...

Wurger

Mig 21s, one of my favorite aircraft to look at. Small, fast, lethal but needing a good driver. I don't think the 21s ever got their true test. I still like to look at them though. I got to sit in one and mess with the controls at Nellis AFB... Adversary Training Center. Quite a thrill. There was a Mig 19, 17, and 27 there that I was also able to look at "close up".

That cockpit is very impressive Wurger, especially the seatbelts and gun sight!

What make and scale is it?

Will pass your regards on to Ivett too ('Yvette' in English)-and to Weronika too if I meet her!:D

THX guys.The model is 1:48 scale but I don't remember the firm of the kit.This MiG-21 was made by my mate two years ago.Here other pics of it.

BTW. A4K I have misunderstood you.Sorry for that:oops: I was sure Wronika was the girl.So Ivett is your fiancee,isn't she.Also nice name dear friend.:D

Attachments

• MiG21bis.jpg
    MiG21bis.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 164
  • MiG21bis_4.jpg
    MiG21bis_4.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 173
  • MiG21bis_5.jpg
    MiG21bis_5.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 170

Users who are viewing this thread

Back