Post ur Pic for Our New Member Mug Shot Album....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i'll agree with you there.. my favorite tone of ALL time has to be from a hollow body Les Paul..

Hollow body Les Pau?l Hmm, don't know that one, you mean an ES335? That rocks. I play Les Paul as you can see in my Mug shot Greatest guitar ever, although I must admit the gretch is a nice one, too. Only they don't sound so great at high gain.

Gretsch is nice. and Wurger that reminds me of a joke..How many bass players does it take to change a lightbulb...NONE, the keyboard player can do it with his left hand.

All of my guitar knowledge comes from me being married to a geek/blues guitarist. ITS AMAZING what I picked up! lol. I'm a vocalist.

In my band they say the keyboard player can change the lightbulb 'cause he's nothing else to do...

Les, I'll organise a pic soon I promise! been a bit crook (sick) past couple of days, something I ate... and my damn kids have used up my internet allocation, its been slowed to snail pace and driving me crazy trying to get in the system!, currently at work.

Evan you look very metal!

As for best guitar tone you can't beat a les paul custom in my opinion.

Btw I have and listen to Les paul and Chet Atkins so I appreciate it all.

The gretsch are fantastic guitar, wouldn't mind the rockabilly Setzer sig model.

I also want a strat with maple fretboard, oh and a telly and maybe a Gibson firebird

THe burden of guitarists is gear

Heinz..its a WHOLE different tone/sound..well worth the money..IMHO. My Ex hubby was a Paul Reed Smith enthusiast. Great tone there, too (See Santana) lol. Strats are great! Lightweight, good tone, good action like Stevie Ray and Jimi Hendrix would play shite! lol.)and more over..NOT a Jackson!

**side note..i'm wondering if Dan is gonna get perturbed that we made this a guitar thread..PLEASE post ya'll picts!!

Oh I realise the hollow bodies are different, if you see the other page I actually want one eventually. Its not my current sound but I love blues and old time rock n roll so when I have the spare cash its a definate purchase.

PRS are really wonderful espicially the top 10 finish models with the 'bird' inlays, look mint. Cost about 10 grand over here for one though.

Strats are good I agree and another guitar I like.

My Ibanez super strat is so light yet has sustain to kill and the locking tremolo known for killing sustain isnt thta bad. Its a funny trem cause its on ball bearing rollers instead of your typical floyd set up. My explorer is metal and good for rock

I've played for about 11-12 years now. Into shred well trying to get back into now I have more spare time on my hands.

Cheers.

If you like the hollo bodies and don't have a lot to spend, look at the Ibanez Artcore. I picked one up a few years ago and love it! I asked to look at one in a music store a few years ago, I played it. The guy said "try this" and plugged it into an amp. I was in love! I figured I was in for it when I turned the tag over. My jaw hit the floor when it said $350! I was figuring in the 1200-1500 range, so I brought it home.

The tone is sweet, unplugged and plugged in.

Attachments

• newGuitar2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 125

Users who are viewing this thread