Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice work there. Could you tell me where you obtained the 'Trolley Ac' alongside the Spit? I'm in the process of scratch-building some, in various styles in 1/48th, but a kit/diecast/resin item would allow me to make a mould and produce a few a lot easier than cutting and assembling the main shell, and the wheels would certainly provide great moulds for hard to obtain bits, even from the spares box.

Very nice work there. Could you tell me where you obtained the 'Trolley Ac' alongside the Spit? I'm in the process of scratch-building some, in various styles in 1/48th, but a kit/diecast/resin item would allow me to make a mould and produce a few a lot easier than cutting and assembling the main shell, and the wheels would certainly provide great moulds for hard to obtain bits, even from the spares box.

Thanks all.

The RAF starter trolley is from a Revell 1:48 kit, which also includes the RAF oil tank, the Luftwaffe oil tank and bomb lift trolley, and the USAAF Clark tractor and small bomb trolley. They are all very nice qualiy and makes an exceptional value kit to get hold of if you can.

800-Allbases.jpg

Also one Luftwaffe officer has his pride and joy from better days gone by: a 1938 BMW 327. This is a 1:48 Hasegawa kit, sold either as a stand-alone kit for the car or as a joint kit with a FW 190. (The photo incidentally has 1920s period houses in the background, taken through my house window).

P1000331.jpg

Last edited:
Nice BMW Loiner - Hasegawa though I thought, not Tamiya - or have they issued one too?
Thanks for the info on the Revell airfield accessories kit - great news! I haven't seen that advertised anywhere, are you able to tell me whee you obtained it, and if it's still current?
Thanks,
Terry.

Nice BMW Loiner - Hasegawa though I thought, not Tamiya - or have they issued one too?
Thanks for the info on the Revell airfield accessories kit - great news! I haven't seen that advertised anywhere, are you able to tell me whee you obtained it, and if it's still current?
Thanks,
Terry.

Thanks,
yes you're right, my mistake, it is Hasegawa not Tamiya.

I picked up the Revell 1:48 airfield equipment set at the IPMS Scale Model World at Telford last November, I can't remember whose stall it was selling it though. I'll keep an eye out for anyone that sells the kit and post on here if I spot any.

Cheers
Rob.

Last edited:
Thanks very much Rob.I'd like to get a couple of those kits if possible - always useful, even for just the tractor and Trolley Ac.
BTW, whereabouts in Leeds are you? I used to get there a lot on business, have friends there still, and my brother lives in Wetherby.

First post...

I found this site about a week ago and have been flipping through this thread every day since. I was so inspired, I went out and bought the Hasegawa F4U-1D in 1/72. It's the first model I have built since I was maybe 10 years old. I'm loving it... Today I picked up the Hasegawa(?) Zero double set in 1/72. I should be finished with the Corsair in another day or two and then I can start on the new ones.

This hobby sure got expensive while I wasn't looking. Some of the models are a bit crazy...

Anyway, thank you all for the inspiration. As a true beginner, I have lofty goals to reach for. Some of you do incredible work.

Best Regards,
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back