Post Your Models! (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Next off the line, a Mustang IV in what passed for the Day Fighter Scheme in US equivalent colours. This one is shown as it would have been with No.19 Squadron in late 1944.

PRQ.jpg

SFQ.jpg

It's 1/32 scale from the superb Tamiya kit. Paints are MRP. I'd never used them before, but was talked into giving them a go. I'm glad that I did, I found them to be excellent and would consider using them again.

Hi folks, first time poster here. Getting back into modelling after a four decade break... my 8 year old son declared an interest in an Airfix kit we saw at a store, and I found myself building most of it while he wandered off and played Minecraft on an iPad. sigh. But good for me!
I remembered I had a couple of unfinished/not started models in a cardboard box somewhere that had followed me around for (many) years, and miraculously found the box. First up was this little COVID-19 project, to see if I still enjoy the process: a 1974 1/72 scale Heller Me 262BU/1a, which I had started, and completed the fuselage, so no chance of fixing everything that was wrong with the cockpit. Haven't lashed out and bought an airbrush yet (I used to have a Badger, but that seems to have been lost in one of the many moves) so hand painted. Had a lot of fun researching Red 12, and trying to find pics online. Would love to have found a photo-etched radar set or similar. Original decals were yellowed and poorly registered, but worked. Anyway, I've made worse models! Had fun, enjoyed the process, and despite my wife rolling her eyes a bit, consider myself happily back in my second childhood. Next up, a 1974 1/72 Italeri Gotha 244, also found in the box of goodies. Cheers!
IMG_2300.JPG IMG_2302.JPG IMG_2304.JPG IMG_2306.JPG

My fresh finished Corsair F4U-1D:

Beautifully done mate, but you can ignore the caption as the direct translation is 'Hot Sh*t', rather than 'Sh*t Hot' as it states. Maori language reverses the translation from how it's written. I've had this argument with other Kiwi aircraft enthusiasts until someone admitted that was originally intended as being 'Hot Sh*t'.

Bloddy fantastic name for a Corsair tho.

Hi folks, first time poster here. Getting back into modelling after a four decade break... my 8 year old son declared an interest in an Airfix kit we saw at a store, and I found myself building most of it while he wandered off and played Minecraft on an iPad. sigh. But good for me!
I remembered I had a couple of unfinished/not started models in a cardboard box somewhere that had followed me around for (many) years, and miraculously found the box. First up was this little COVID-19 project, to see if I still enjoy the process: a 1974 1/72 scale Heller Me 262BU/1a, which I had started, and completed the fuselage, so no chance of fixing everything that was wrong with the cockpit. Haven't lashed out and bought an airbrush yet (I used to have a Badger, but that seems to have been lost in one of the many moves) so hand painted. Had a lot of fun researching Red 12, and trying to find pics online. Would love to have found a photo-etched radar set or similar. Original decals were yellowed and poorly registered, but worked. Anyway, I've made worse models! Had fun, enjoyed the process, and despite my wife rolling her eyes a bit, consider myself happily back in my second childhood. Next up, a 1974 1/72 Italeri Gotha 244, also found in the box of goodies. Cheers!
View attachment 586000 View attachment 586001 View attachment 586002 View attachment 586003
that looks great, hand painting that camouflage must of been a chore !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back