Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finished.
Eduard weekend edition, had all the parts to build almost any P-39 variant so lots in the spares box !
Great little kit to build, doors are a bit of a dodgy fit but guys with more patience than me will do a better job of them.
All the markings are form my spares file.

This airframe AH576 was used for trials before being returned to 601 Sqn.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-381404071.jpeg

Finished.
Eduard weekend edition, had all the parts to build almost any P-39 variant so lots in the spares box !
Great little kit to build, doors are a bit of a dodgy fit but guys with more patience than me will do a better job of them.
All the markings are form my spares file.

This airframe AH576 was used for trials before being returned to 601 Sqn.

View attachment 590230
Just noticed i have not added the pitot, will correct that tomorrow

This is my latest.

It shows Basil 'Stapme' Stapleton's Spitfire II returning from a fruitless patrol with No. 603 Squadron, late October 1940.

PFQ_web.jpg

Port_Web.jpg

SRQ_web.jpg

Revell 1/32 kit, which is pretty basic, but good for the price. I had to scratch build some of the details, like the flap actuator mechanisms. Decals were from Kits-World (sheet 132103), who I have never used before. The decals were very good, thin but not unreasonably fragile.

This is my latest.

It shows Basil 'Stapme' Stapleton's Spitfire II returning from a fruitless patrol with No. 603 Squadron, late October 1940.

View attachment 590245

View attachment 590246

View attachment 590247

Revell 1/32 kit, which is pretty basic, but good for the price. I had to scratch build some of the details, like the flap actuator mechanisms. Decals were from Kits-World (sheet 132103), who I have never used before. The decals were very good, thin but not unreasonably fragile.
Love the paint job :) I have a question, how do you all do your canopies? I know Fubar gave me some good advice saying that instead of using PVA glue, I could just do a couple coats of future then use CA, and the clear coats would prevent fogging. Thank you :)

Love the paint job :) I have a question, how do you all do your canopies? I know Fubar gave me some good advice saying that instead of using PVA glue, I could just do a couple coats of future then use CA, and the clear coats would prevent fogging. Thank you :)
i used to use PVA but now use very thin layer of normal model cement and have had no problems so far

I have a question, how do you all do your canopies?

I use G-S Hypo cement.

Gs Supplies Hypo Cement 9Ml | Hobbycraft

I'm sure other retailers are available in your area :)

It's a clear gel which allows a bit of wiggle time, but makes a very strong bond once dry. It will not 'fog' clear parts. I always dip my clear parts in Future (the old recipe, I've still got a couple of bottles), which helps.

This is my latest.

View attachment 590245

View attachment 590246

View attachment 590247

Really nice Steve

Hi all, my first 'proper' post (having already done an intro!) - I'm not sure what the form is for posting pics of my own stuff, so I will just post a single image of something I completed in January of this year - seems so long ago now, what with everything going on. Anyway, as I mentioned in my intro I have an interest in modelling 'off the beaten track' subjects. In this case, it's a Junkers Ju52/1m in civilian markings, specifically Canadian Airways Ltd from the mid-1930s. Known as the Flying Boxcar for its ability to carry a bigger payload a greater distance than anything else around at the time. The first 7 Ju52s were built this way (this particular aircraft was number 6); the design was modified from the 8th onwards to the tri-motor configuration most people recognise today.

KKQ0N0q.jpg

It started life as an old Italeri Ju52/3m Mine Searcher, which I had for free from a fellow modeller on account of it was missing a few key parts, like the main canopy glass. I managed to use most of the kit in my representation, but the fuselage interior, canopy, cockpit, nose, prop are scratchbuilt, as is the tail/rudder. The wings had to have their engine nacelles removed and replaced with a corrugated surface. The finish is plumber's aluminium foil, the decals were from Arctic Decals. The main and tail skis are also scratch built, from parquetry wood laminate (as is the prop, which was carved to shape).

Hope I've put this in the right place, mods please let me know if I've loused anything up!

Cheers,

Clive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back