Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ditto that, Eagle. Bloody frustrating after all the work you put in.
I wouldn't bin them though, you can always use them for spare-parts donors - comes in handy for doing conversions, mods.

Here's my next one, the Revel 1:48 Bf 109 G-10. Only paid £4 for this so was expecting some rubbish 70's re-box, but it actually goes together very well with only minor problems on the undercarriage and canopy. The main reason I bough tit was to experiment with more advanced airbrush techniques

Me109G04.jpg

Me109G03.jpg

Me109G02.jpg

Me109G01.jpg

That part wasn't overly successful; despite messing around with air pressure I couldn't get the paint fine enough to make the really small splodges required, so I went over it by dabbing with a paintbrush. Whilst in my local model shop I noticed something called Pro Modeler Weathering Wash so thought I'd give it a go. All I can say is wow, it really works! Just need to brush it on then wipe off. Being my first attempt it was a bit thick in places but makes the model look a lot more realistic, as you can easily see in the light colours.

I know the swastikas are a bit oversize, but it was the closest I had. One other thing is that the box shows the aircraft should have a green fuselage band, whereas the instructions say it should be red. I know green was Defence of the Reich, but what did red stand for?

NC the Bf109G-10 looks very nice.I have the same still in a box waiting for assembling.Besides it seems that I've seen the "Black 11" pic or profile somewhere in a book.I'll try to find this.
As far as the green and red bands are concerned,the green one indicated JG27 and the red one JG300 as memory serves.If you need some additional info on that I can find this or what will be better solution we can ask Erich who is one of the best experten at this here.

I finally found my digital camera so here are some shots of my completed lanc, my model in progress a P-47D thunderbolt razorback and my other project to start a F4U-1D corsair. The lanc is 1/96th scale and is from eastern express. The P-47 is an academy 1/72nd scale and the corsair is a 1/72nd scale hasegawa model.

Attachments

• PHTO0079.JPG
    PHTO0079.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 109
  • PHTO0080.JPG
    PHTO0080.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 111
  • PHTO0081.JPG
    PHTO0081.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 107
  • PHTO0082.JPG
    PHTO0082.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 99
  • PHTO0078.JPG
    PHTO0078.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 104
hey mate fantastic looking Lancaster!

Did you end up using the tape method for the framing on the glazings?

The razor back looks awesome too I got that kit to start in my cupboard.

What nice models SE.I like these.:D
But could you tell me why the brown-earth colour is a bit shinny? Nothing wrong friend but if you recall the pics of 1:72 scale Revell Hurricane I've uploaded at "B-25" DBII's thread you have done the some mistake.Or you have used a gloss paint for that.I ask you about it, because I've met the effect many times and it is a bit strange to me.
If you want to correct it use a matt varnish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back