Prayers or good thoughts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Absolutely Freebird. Please tell your father that he has our best wishes in mind. I know it sure pleased my dad when I told him about you guys.

good God all this evil cancer going around, it never seems to stop.......take care everyone !!!! keep viligant and positive if at all possible...............I am

if you give up hope, it's all over

Absolutely Freebird. Please tell your father that he has our best wishes in mind. I know it sure pleased my dad when I told him about you guys.

Thor, Heinz, Graeme, A4k, Wayne, Lucky, thanks for the thoughts everyone. Unfortunately he's probably paying the price for 35 years of working with chemicals. {and he used to smoke too} He's a pretty resolute guy, it's my Mum that's more worried about it

Ay,ay, nice cocktail. What was he working with, mate?

All the bad stuff! He was a dentist in the 60's when they didn't know that handling mercury was toxic. And his hobby was building {and sailing} boats, so he was using { breathing} polyurethane paints, toxic anti-fowling bottom paint, fiberglass dust etc.

Man, I so sorry to hear that Freebird.

Still, tell him that are about 50 guys all over the world that are pulling hard for him!!!

Thanks Thor, I hope that the 50 guys have second thoughts if any are still smoking! {not to turn into an anti-smoking rant, but that stuff can kill you}

It was actually pretty scary some of the chemicals that they used to use on bottom paint {to keep the algae growth off the hull}, I remember reading the label on the stuff when we were in Australia, it had cyanide, arsenic all sorts of toxics in it

Tell me about it....I've used that kind of paint myself and other paints for jet fuel tanks etc. After a while I decided to stop painting....

We're all pulling for dad matey!

Did a lot of jobs for the airforce, navy and the army.... Built new cars, upgraded old East German tanks you name it, we did it....

Spare a thought for Karl guys, he mentioned on one of the threads he was up for tests regarding his heart and may need a pacemaker.

Hope you beat it with the original ticker in place mate!

What's the latest update?

Not too good. He probably has 6 - 12 months. They said that if he went through Chemo all that stuff he might get another year, maybe not.

He's decided that he's not going do that, he doesn't want to spend what time he has left in the hospital, getting poked prodded barfing up the chemo junk.

But then he's always been stoic, {and stubborn too! :eek: }

I sure hate to hear that Freebird.........but it doesn't mean we are going to stop pulling for him. Miracles do happen.

Thanks. He's a tough old guy. They say that the Queen Mum lived to be 100 only because she was "pickled in Gin". Of course being a loyal Scot his "preservative" of choice would be Scotch Whiskey...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back