Pristine F4U Vought Corsair

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wausau

Recruit
Aug 1, 2010
Minnesota
Sorry, I didn't know where else to ask this question and since I'm new to this I thought this looked to be the place.

If I wished to go out and purchase a flyable, pristine WWII F4U Vought Corsair where would I look and how much would the price tag of such an item be?

Thanks for any and all help.

I wish I could do that too but don't have a million bucks 'til my next paycheck.

If you're serious about this, there are several magazines like "Warbirds" that, I think, have classifieds.

You might try this website if you are serious about this. I have not had a chance to look at it. As far as the price I would just be guessing but, and if I'm wrong someone please correct me, 2 or 3 million is probably on the low side, maybe even to low.

Don't know any F4Us for sale. Last I heard was about 2 years ago. Only "reasonable" fighter war bird (less than a million) I know of is the Yak 3. Here is a link:

N854DP YAK 3M Specs

One thing, buying isn't the same as being able to fly it. The last of the Piston engined fighters were very high powered, tricky airplanes to fly. It takes a lot of practice and training. But, if you have the money, you'll be able to afford it.

Okay. Reluctantly, I must break out the shovel. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Shut the eff up 2.gif
    Shut the eff up 2.gif
    562.8 KB · Views: 319
If I wished to go out and purchase a flyable, pristine WWII F4U Vought Corsair where would I look and how much would the price tag of such an item be?

I've got a couple in my backyard..... :p

Okay. Reluctantly, I must break out the shovel. :rolleyes:

:evil4:

Just curious, I see from TwoEagles's link, they had an A-26 for sale, but no price listed. Does anyone know if there have been any US twins sold lately? Marauder, Mitchell, Invader etc.
Are they worth about $3 - $4 million?

that he 115 would be sweet. ill go half in with you. do they take personal checks? :D do you have any pics of the actual project plane they are selling? its got to be the only one left in the world. i think the Spad is a good buy. ive seen it at air shows. bad as..

Anyone serious only has to google Corsairs for sale and there is a list available. I can' t remember exactly but I believe that Paul Mantz and Frank Tallman bought a few Corsairs, probably after the Korean War for around $375 each and the gas tank was full.

Anyone serious only has to google Corsairs for sale and there is a list available. I can' t remember exactly but I believe that Paul Mantz and Frank Tallman bought a few Corsairs, probably after the Korean War for around $375 each and the gas tank was full.

I think you're right. Most (or all) of those Corsairs ended up being used in the Black Sheep Squadron TV series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back