project: P-51 mustang photo repair

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

grumman-cats

Airman 1st Class
Jan 3, 2006
Michigan
I have a little project for a friend of mine. His father use to fly photo recon p-38's and p-51's during the war and he only has one photo of that period of his life and it was ripped. I've scanned the image and am trying to repair it but I'm not really proficant at photoshop so if anyone would like to help I would be willing to email the full image to them.

I told them about the gathering of mustangs and legends last year and convinced them they needed to go so reluctantly they went. It just so happened that one of the owners found out he was a veteran pilot and invited him to sit in the cockpit and that started a little autograph session with the crowd and lets just say I think the experiance was worth alot to the man. I wish I could have been there but needs of my job prevented me from attending.

Anyway if anyone would like to help and try and tackle a cleanup job on the photo I would appreciate it and I know of a veteran that would as well.

Attachments

• scan0001.1.jpg
    scan0001.1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 328
Clave,

Very impressive, thankyou for giving it a shot. I'm sure he'll be pleased with the results. It definatly looks better than what I had done.

Again thanks.

I only just found this as i have only been here a short while, So i gave it a whack :D
The Colors are purly speculation so if anybody knows what color this should be i can change it, The color is on a seprate layer.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 125
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 127
interesting twist. I never thought about adding color to the photo. I'll ask what colors the plane actually was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back