Quotes and Jokes (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cis-o62UUAEkcaa.jpg

There is actually an answer for Why does Fridge have a "D" in it, but Refrigerator doesn't?.
"Fridge" is actually short for the brand name Frigidaire, a combination of the words "Frigid" and "Air".
It was the first name brand refrigerator, and probably the only one known to the general public for a while.
Like how "Band-Aid" (also a brand name) has become synonymous with the definition of bandage, "Fridge" has gone from a popular slang term to a term that is also defined by the word "refrigerator".
Why they put an "E" on the end is beyond me, but that's why there's a "D" in the word "Fridge".

Last edited:
I would love to see his roof rack a couple of minutes late
Back in the 60's, a friend of mine, son of a preacher, told me some church members came to see his father, hat in hand, and bearing mournful expressions.

There was an old house next to the church and they had agreed to fix it up into a youth center. They found where there was a piano available for a good price, bought it and loaded it in a pickup truck.

They were going up one of the steeper hills in town when the piano, which was mounted on casters, rolled back and hit the tailgate. The tailgate popped open and the piano took off down the hill. At the bottom it failed to heed the traffic signals, ran a red light, and was reduced to kindling wood as a result of being struck by a car.

I was intrigued by the discovery that the kind of events depicted in those Three Stooges comedies were based in fact. But I wonder what the guy's insurance company said about the collision with the piano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back