Quotes and Jokes (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I spoke to my son and the Syrinx aruanus is quite common locally but not in any large sizes

The Cone shells that GTX is thinking of are lethal if the person is stung by the animal inside.

Last edited:
Some are funny....I guess:dontknow: F-16.net - The ultimate F-16, F-35 and F-22 reference

One I found interesting though I know he was in F15s....

Yep - he and his aircraft are world famous

1686556095382.png

Parkinson is better than Alzheimer : rather spilling part of your beer than forgetting to drink it.

A good friend has Parkinsons and it is no joke.

Parkinsons is one of the top 10 killers in most parts of the world. What kills the sufferers is the same as what causes the dozens of injuries every week - falling over backwards. They usually die from caving their skulls in during a fall.

He has a panic alarm so that when he falls in a location where he cannot roll over and get up himself he presses the button and people come and help him up. Usually his wife gets him but if she is in town then nearby friends respond. Worse case the police come.

A good friend has Parkinsons and it is no joke.

Parkinsons is one of the top 10 killers in most parts of the world. What kills the sufferers is the same as what causes the dozens of injuries every week - falling over backwards. They usually die from caving their skulls in during a fall.

He has a panic alarm so that when he falls in a location where he cannot roll over and get up himself he presses the button and people come and help him up. Usually his wife gets him but if she is in town then nearby friends respond. Worse case the police come.
My mother in law had a very serious Alzheimer case, the paranoid variant, and had to be housed in a specialized establishment. In fact, there was a time I was the only one she accepted to receive.
With very good care, she was resocialized and was able to recover a good part of her memories and mental functions (not all of course).

That is great news. I did not know that there was any chance of recovery, even if only partial.

My mother in law spent 15 years as a vegetable with Alzheimers before dying. She was a real dynamo when younger and successfully managed several large enterprises but went down hill rapidly.

My wife is terrified of the same happening to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back