Quotes and Jokes (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Driving in Germany with my British boss navigating, he said "make a right turn at the next left"
My wife and I come from Saskatchewan - home of the straight road/90* intersection. This summer, we were in St.John's, Nfld, where the roads are anything but. She was navigating.

She had a terrible time keeping up where road would curve to the right, but then we would need to turn left at next intersection but not to the road at 45* but to the one at ~150*. Lots of U-turns...

Any of y'all in Washington State near Clayton, Airport C72? This Navion is waiting to be adopted.

View attachment 741809
I'm on the other side of the state, but that is "Cross Winds Airport", just north of Deer Park.

Clayton is about 27 miles, driving, North and a little west of Spokane.
Cross Winds Airport is about 3 miles south and a little east of Clayton, on 395.

A quick search of the area does not show that hanger and the "airport" may just be a large field that is otherwise unoccupied.
The only thing that might alude to a landing strip is a circle of folding tables that show up nicely on the satellite photo. They seem to be encircling some kind of short structure, possibly a light of some kind.
There is another airport further east. Deer Park Airport. It could be that is where the picture of the Navion was taken, and whatever source told Mlflyer that it was "C72" got them confuse, or possibly printed a typo.
It appears Deer Park Airport is about 8 miles ESE of Clayton.

Last edited:
Eastern Washington is rather desert-like, in general.
Like I said in my post, in the area where the map said that airport was, there is no airport. There's no building that looks like that. This is why I mentnioned the other airport, which is only a few miles east, but a different airport.
Either that, or the video was a bunch of BS and that's just some random pic of an old Navion somewhere that isn't Clayton Washington.

Users who are viewing this thread