Quotes and Jokes (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_20210331_100333.jpg

Back in my IBM mainframe programming days, I saw a car (obviously owned by a programmer), that had the personalized plate: S0C7 . Probably very few people here will get that one, but I laughed like hell. Any old card wallopers on here?

It should be some kind of errors? or something like that? I think a critical one!

Two Afghan guys Talking to each other would be like!!!

It is a tradition to name boys after the day they were born! like name someone Sunday or Saturday (or Equivalent in other Languages) in Europa!

مکالمه دو افغانی در تاجیکستان:

شنبه : چهارشنبه! سه شنبه میای بریم دوشنبه ؟

چهارشنبه : نه شنبه ، سه شنبه کار دارم . بهتره یکشنبه بریم دوشنبه!

شنبه : باشه پس به جمعه هم بگیم که پنجشنبه بیاد که همه با هم یکشنبه بریم دوشنبه

I believe that you have non-numeric data (input) in a numeric field.

Eagledad
Yep. "System Abend 0C7" "Data Exception". In the vernacular of the day: 'a sock-seven.' Usually a COBOL packed-decimal field hasn't been initialized with 'ZAP' and probably had a 'MOVE LOW-VALUES TO <some 01 level data>' done to it. The most common abend by a huge margin, especially with COBOL programmers. By the way, the car that the guy with the plate was driving was a real 'clunker', too, which added to the humor of the scene.

Last edited:
It should be some kind of errors? or something like that? I think a critical one!
Yes it's an IBM operating system error for a program that attempts to perform decimal arithmetic on non-numeric data. 'System Abend 0C7', where 'abend' stands for 'abnormal end'. The program dies and if it is a 'live' program running as 'production', the poor programmer gets awakened in the night to drive in and fix it. There was no internet then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back