Quotes and Jokes (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 7.28.jpg

Possibly not fit for the off topic section but whilst looking at the Wikipedia article on Richard Vogt, the designer of aircraft such as the BV 141 and BV 138 flyingboat, I found some comments first published in the Aeroplane:

Richard Vogt, that original man,
Turns out aeroplanes uglier than
Most any other designer can.
Here is shown on Baltic Sea
A typical Vogt monstrosity—
The One-Three-Eight by B. & V.

While we're on the subject of wartime rhymes, No.490 (NZ) Sqn had a very heart-felt poem about one of their Sunderland flying boats, Q for Queenie, operating out of Gambia and Senegal, which seemed constantly prone to engine failure and other mishaps. It was lovingly penned by her crew:

'Q for Queenie, broad and beamy,
Pregnant cow, contrary witch.
Ground-crew's headache, air-crew's heartache,
Pull the plug out, sink the bitch!'

Possibly not fit for the off topic section but whilst looking at the Wikipedia article on Richard Vogt, the designer of aircraft such as the BV 141 and BV 138 flyingboat, I found some comments first published in the Aeroplane:

Richard Vogt, that original man,
Turns out aeroplanes uglier than
Most any other designer can.
Here is shown on Baltic Sea
A typical Vogt monstrosity—
The One-Three-Eight by B. & V.
Was his mother French?

Yesterday my wife asked why I didn't do something useful with my time. She suggested I go to the senior center and hang out with the guys. I did this and when I got home last night I told her that I joined a parachute club. She said, "Are you nuts? You're over 80 years old and you're going to start jumping out of airplanes?" I proudly showed her that I even got a membership card. She said, "You idiot, where are your glasses! This is a membership to a prostitute club, not a parachute club." I'm in trouble again and don't know what to do! I signed up for five jumps a week! Life as a senior is not getting any easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back