Quotes and Jokes (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Father Flanagan died after a long ministry. As he waits in line at the Pearly Gates, he notices the man in front of him is dressed in flip flops, cargo shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, hair slicked back, and mirror sunglasses perched on his nose. As they reach the front of the line, St. Peter asks the sunglass wearing guy, "So, what's your name and what did you do in life that would warrant you entering Heaven?" The man answered, "Jock Simpson, pilot with Aloha Airlines out of Hilo, Hawaii!" St. Peter exclaims, "Take this silk robe and golden staff, and go right in!" As the priest approaches St. Peter, he is asked the same question. "Father Patrick Flanagan, Pastor at Our Lady of Grace, Pasadena, California for 42 years." Take this cotton robe and wooden staff and go right in!" commands the saint. "Wait!" cries the priest. "I gave my whole life to the service of God and all I get is a cheap robe and staff?"
"Look, Padre," explained the saint. "Here we reward on merit. When you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed!"

Users who are viewing this thread