Quotes and Jokes (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FZYEyz3XoAEsimh?format=jpg.jpg

I remember hearing about that day, Glad I didn't have to fill out the paper work! This was at the main base in MSP. I had a couple of close calls Taxing & Running up A/C. The worst I ever had was a Deer that was scarred by an early morning landing run into the nose gear of a DC-9 I was running up at the pad. I wasn't moving at the time and was at Part Power doing a Engine trim.

But I saw my share of bent metal achieved by both Flight and Ground crews.

A commercial on TV led me to recall an incident from the 1960's.

A friend of our family sponsored a young lady from overseas; I do not recall which country, but it was not an English speaking one. She was to be not just an immigrant but part of their family, to help with the household chores and so forth. One day the lady of the house comes home to find the young immigrant lady sitting in the kitchen among stacks of boxes of a diet cola soft drink. And she was drinking one bottle after another.

"What's going on?" the lady of the house asked, astonished.

The young immigrant lady responded, "I saw this on television. This stuff makes you beautiful."

There was a period of time in the 1990's when the International Space Station was virtually cut off. The Space Shuttle had suffered a problem with wiring caused an engine failure during ascent and the Russians had problems with things like keeping the electricity on at the Baikonur Cosmodrome (they even had to check out a Mars probe using kerosene lanterns; it failed).

So an American female astronaut and two Russians had to stay on the ISS much longer than had been planned.

An astonishing discovery resulted. The American was a pretty average looking lady but both the two Russians on the ISS and her husband on the ground swore that her time in orbit led her to developing a remarkable resemblance to Marilyn Monroe.

MM102-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back