Quotes and Jokes (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I want to understand...
The older machines required older Ground Support Equipment.
After paying $75 for an OBDII scan on my 1999 Tacoma only to get false data, I vowed that would never happen again. I bought a serial interface for $100, downloaded a program that enabled me to plug a laptop into OBD II interfaces and read the codes, turn off the Czech Engine light, get real time data on RPM, input temperature, timing, O2 Sensor performance, etc. Trouble is, the Serial interface has disappeared from computers. When my 150 MHZ Dell Windows 98 laptop went dead I was able to load the program on another Windows 2000 one and still use it, but at one point I was considering getting a really long Serial cable so I could use my old Dell XP desktop from in the house.
I have used the laptop OBD II scan system on my neighbors' cars more than once, but one keeps asking me to plug it in and have it tell why the brakes are squeaking or the Alternator light keeps coming on. I have to keep telling him it does not measure that stuff; he apparently thinks it is like Star Trek or something.

There was a WWII RAF officer who that sort of thing happened to him repeatedly during the war. After numerous close calls he was assigned to a non-combat role, as an aid to a Royal who had a military rank. Then he ran into an old friend of his, who was related to that Royal. He pointed out that the other officer as far better qualified than he to be an aide, so his posting was cancelled and he was replaced by the Royal's relative. And then the transport aircraft the two were in managed to find one of the higher bits of ground in the British Isles the hard way.
He wrote a book about the metaphysics of all of this sort of thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread