Recent Purchases (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Terry nice buys indeed. I was gonna ask you if this is the Ju 88 you are going to build for Museum in Czech Republic, but I guess you answered affirmative to that question few posts back. Very nice gesture on your part, sure people in Slavicin will appreciate that very much. Typhoon looks fine too. Is this going to be your entry for D-day stripes group build? I was thinking on building Typhoon for that GB too, but rather in 1/72.

You are going to drive to Slavicin next year? Then maybe (if I'm for whatever reason unable to join you there) you could drive some 600 or so kilometers further south a visit Serbia too...?

Hells Teeth! At this rate I'll never be at home! I must admit, I would LOVE to do a tour around the World to visit everyone!
Igor, the Typhoon will be for my 56 Squadron build, as a very early Mk1B, in 1942. I'm planning on doing a RAF Mitchell III for the D-Day GB, possibly from the Dutch squadron, although I've discovered one pic of a cross-breed Mitchell in RAF squadron service which looks interesting. It appears to be like a Mitchell II (B25C) but with the waist positions of the MkIII (B25J) and the mid upper turret, instead of the forward top turret of the 'J'. I'm trying to find out more on this, as I haven't seen this type recorded in RAF service - it was an interim model before the 'J', modified from the 'C' model.
BTW, there's a possibility that I might be driving out to Bulgaria with a friend, to help him stock and furnish his new apartment there. When he went by car last, in July, he went through a few places in Serbia, and will be doing the same this time. If I go, and we go through Serbia, I'll be sure to let you know, and try to meet up.

Good purchases T, the Typhoon is a good kit, the same one I did for my 56 Sqn build. That 88s going to be a good build, big bugger to.

got these 2 yesterday airbrush is second hand but never used got it for a tenner .the Hurri seems like a nice kit raised panel lines but we cant have everything can we

Like you Spit Jamie, that's one fine kite and fun to build in 1:32. I was reading the review on an Airfix 1:24 Spit from 2002 last night, now that would be one big kit. good buy with the airbrush to.

Wonderful Terry! I really hope that this possibility of a meeting will come to be.

Your choice for D-day GB sounds interesting. I didn't know that there was Dutch manned Mitchel squadron in RAF.

Sure was Igor! It was a Dutch Naval Air Service unit, the original members of which escaped to England after 'stealing' a couple of Heinkel sea planes. There' s a very good book which includes the story of the squadron, which I recently gave to Marcel, entitled 'The Flying Dutchman', by Hans van der Kopp, IIRC. In fact, I might have to ask Marcel to scan some of the pics in the book, if i decided to go with the Dutch Squadron.

Bloody nice buys Terry! 8)

Love the Typhoon!

I'm planning on doing a RAF Mitchell III for the D-Day GB

Looking forward to this one

Been busy on ebay today! Got 2 resin cockpit upgrade sets for the P-40's I bought earlier.

Hopefully they will look like this when I paint them.

I must say , I'm sorta surprised you didn't just say you were the one who painted those parts for the promotional photo

No doubt at all mate you'll do em justice

8) Very nice

Possible pics when it arrives/d?

Not a kit, but... picked this up for a few quid on ebay to grace "Spitfire Corner" as it will be when I get round to putting the shelves up:

It's an original watercolour from 1982, not as accomplished as the big-money aviation art that's out there but it's unique and quite nice to look at! Very pleased with it.

Couldn't resist this when I saw it, got me going to do an Italian bird too, while I am researching some stuff for Kevin, ....and picked up another Eduard E-4 for a good price too!

Attachments

• IMGP7475a.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMGP7474a.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 64

Users who are viewing this thread