Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How jolly decent of you chaps to say so, thanks awfully! Seeing that my mums something-something father was from Trondheim, I thought that I'd at least have a few crates from that almost forgotten front of the war...
Just need a '109, a '110 and a '190 now I think and I'm sorted...

What the heck is it with some of these stores and their inflated shipping costs!?

I was about to buy a couple of items - total price was about 15 Euros and when I did a shipping estimate they wanted 25 EUROS for shipping (from the UK to the USA). And the two items in question where photoetch which combined would weight considerably less than 1 lb!

Un-fracking-believeable!

It's the rip-off Royal Mail in the UK mostly, Dwight. I can send a letter by First Class mail in the UK, for about 35 Pence which, theoretically, is supposed to get there the following day. However, if I send the same letter by what used to be known as Registered Mail, it would have cost me about 75 pence, and definitely be delivered the following day, and have to be signed for by the recipient. Now, the Royal Mail have changed all that, and the registered system has been 'replaced' by something which is exactly the same service, but is now called 'Guaranteed Delivery' - but it costs Four Pounds and 95 Pence, for the same bl**dy letter!!
The parcels and packages system has been changed too, into a ludicrous system judged by size. Basically, this means that I could send a package weighing, say, 1 pound, and measuring say 4 x 6 inches for maybe 98 Pence within the UK, as it's classed as a small package. But, if I sent a package weighing 1 ounce, and it measured 8 x 10 inches, it could cost 4 Pounds or more. But it gets better - if the larger package weighed ,say, 2 pounds, but was classed as 'printed matter', it would be sent for the same price as the first mentioned small package!!
As for sending parcels etc overseas, well, that just gets plain ridiculous!
I have to admit though, some companies do overcharge for shipping in some cases, even within the UK. No names, no pack drill, but a couple of companies send packages at a rate of around £3.50, rising in cost on either size/weight, or order value, whilst another company despatches free of charge within the UK, and at basic cost overseas, whilst yet another company has a flat rate no matter what the size etc, of around £4 .....makes you wonder!

Terry, you have a heart of gold mate..! Sent you a PM...

As for the price of shipping, you can't do better than order from the US if you want to be ripped off big time...

Having to get much of my modelling stuff from out of country supplies, high postage is a matter of acceptance or go without. Though with the A$ getting high returns these days, getting value for money is quite common. An example is the SAMI Magazine, retails here for an average of $14.90, but by airmail post from UK on subscription, $8.75. Guess who's just taken out a 2 year subscription.

Nice Vic!

Terry , I share the frustration

Last year NZ post hiked up their domestic prices , in some cases almost tripling the cost

won't even mention international postage

Couldn't be sure Jan , they blamed the increases in fuel prices etc and said they've "been holding off as long as possible" or something to that effect

Before , you could send a large box ( as I'd done many a time) anywhere in NZ for $4.75 now your looking at most likely $12.50 or more

Sent a box to Perth for $15 that would of cost me $12.50 to send to the town 50km south of me

( Perth being the one in Aussi and many 1000's of km's away)

32nd scale 109E for next years BoB GB

and a 109 G-2 for my 48th scale 109's series , got this from HLJ on a 50% off sale

came with resin weighted wheels and cowling which were a nice surprise

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1264.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1254.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 54
I was naughty again (what the hell...it's almost Xmas ) - went to the LHS in search of an ICM He 70 (didn't have it), and came home with the new tool Revell Lanc!
This is only the second example to enter the country, so didn't waste the opportunity!!!

Great scores btw, Daniel! Clashed with your post.

Users who are viewing this thread