Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wow some nice purchases here

Lucky13 I have built the 'Belle' and part way through looking at it and wondering how your going to fit two in a house got tempted to do another lol but I must say that B24 is going to be a monster, something to live in? lol

The last of my recent eBay acquisitions came today. A lot of 4 models I got for $22. The I've been looking for the Curtiss Hawk 75 for quite a wile but every time I saw it the price was outrageous. The P-38 box is a little beat-up looking, but all are in new unbuilt condition except for the SPAD which is a bonus kit they through in.

Attachments

• P4264803.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 55
  • P4264804.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 54
  • P4264805.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 62
  • P4264806.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 57
  • P4264807.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 65
Good stuff Glenn. I've had the Sea Fury for years, waiting to be built, and only recently bought a canopy for it - the kit part is terrible!
Always wanted to do an SOE Lysander, and saw the same kit recently - might get one. What's it like?

Great scores Glenn!

I got given a stash of made Frog, Novo and KP kits today! My mate had them in his attic for about twenty years and decided it was time for a clean up

Alot of twenty's types, WWII types, and 4 post war types, including types I've never seen in model form before (DH103 sea Hornet for example).
Spent the night sorting through a bag of sweepings for miscellaneous components, and washing the kits, not finished yet...

............Always wanted to do an SOE Lysander, and saw the same kit recently - might get one. What's it like?

It's an older kit. Might even be one of the ex-Hawk kits that Testors re-boxed. I remember making it when I was 12 or so when in came with a metal plated finish. Doesn't seem like a bad kit for it's age. Nice very fine raised rivet detail on the aluminum skinned sections. The ribs on the fabric covered areas might be a little too pronounced though. Don't know about fit, but I don't remember anything too bad back when I was a kid.

Wow Evan, nice catch! Looks like a lot of unusual types there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread