Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wow some nice purchases :) here

Lucky13 I have built the 'Belle' and part way through looking at it and wondering how your going to fit two in a house got tempted to do another lol :p but I must say that B24 is going to be a monster, something to live in? lol

1/48 it is indeed.....

Just thought that I'd get one for sentimental reasons....built one 20 odd years ago, still remember it as a huge monster! :shock:

The last of my recent eBay acquisitions came today. A lot of 4 models I got for $22. The I've been looking for the Curtiss Hawk 75 for quite a wile but every time I saw it the price was outrageous. The P-38 box is a little beat-up looking, but all are in new unbuilt condition except for the SPAD which is a bonus kit they through in.

Attachments

• P4264803.JPG
    P4264803.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 55
  • P4264804.JPG
    P4264804.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 54
  • P4264805.JPG
    P4264805.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 62
  • P4264806.JPG
    P4264806.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 57
  • P4264807.JPG
    P4264807.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 65
Good stuff Glenn. I've had the Sea Fury for years, waiting to be built, and only recently bought a canopy for it - the kit part is terrible!
Always wanted to do an SOE Lysander, and saw the same kit recently - might get one. What's it like?

Great scores Glenn!

I got given a stash of made Frog, Novo and KP kits today! My mate had them in his attic for about twenty years and decided it was time for a clean up :)

Alot of twenty's types, WWII types, and 4 post war types, including types I've never seen in model form before (DH103 sea Hornet for example).
Spent the night sorting through a bag of sweepings for miscellaneous components, and washing the kits, not finished yet...
STA51834.JPG
STA51837.JPG
STA51839.JPG
STA51840.JPG
STA51844.JPG

............Always wanted to do an SOE Lysander, and saw the same kit recently - might get one. What's it like?

It's an older kit. Might even be one of the ex-Hawk kits that Testors re-boxed. I remember making it when I was 12 or so when in came with a metal plated finish. Doesn't seem like a bad kit for it's age. Nice very fine raised rivet detail on the aluminum skinned sections. The ribs on the fabric covered areas might be a little too pronounced though. Don't know about fit, but I don't remember anything too bad back when I was a kid.

Wow Evan, nice catch! Looks like a lot of unusual types there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back