Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dirk, they are small bombs on the 'winglets' of the Lysander's wheel spats. The original role of the aircraft was Army cooperation, including light bomber ! The SOE aircraft carried a large fuel tank under the fuselage, and a ladder on the port side, for dropping/picking up agents from enemy territory. They were camouflaged on top, and black on the sides and undersurface.

Cheers guys! 28 kits for 6 beers and 4 packets of pistacia nuts... :)

Majority mostly complete, just in need of some detailing and TLC. About half earmarked for myself or others, 12 or so will be up for grabs soon - list up shortly for anyone interested.

Evan

Through a Dutch auction site I was able to get myself this kit which was in the top region of my wanted list. RoG repop of the Promodeller/Monogram kit, and while it's an aging kit I think it still stands up extremely well compared to todays standards. The amount of details molded right into the kit parts is quite amazing. Pity it's not easy to find these days. If Revell insist on repopping older kits, this one would be an excellent candidate imho.

doosje.jpg

Last edited:
I just got that kit myself on E-Bay and you're right that they are rare. I'm very impressed with the moldings in this kit. The radio sets are most impressive and compare favourably to the best resin parts I've seen. I'm probably going to do this kit for the next GB as soon as I get my 109 off the bench.

The interior most certainly gives a great account of itself compared to a resin set. Certainly no 3rd-party goodies needed in that area. I do wonder if a vacu-form replacement of sorts exists for the clearparts. While they don't look bad perse in terms of clearness/thickness, the four to five piece layout of it will make for a trying operation to get it right if you ask me (I've read similar remarks in build reports of this kit)

Picked up a 1/48 Hasegawa F-14B at the air museum today, for $46, which is at least $30 cheaper than normal, though I've seen them go for close to $100. It's one of the ones with re-tooled intake trunks so it can actually be put together :lol:. And it was just luck that it was this VF-102 boxing, the same as my Super Hornet!

1373871.jpg

Finally arrived!
Shipped directly from Poland in a very sturdy package
DSCN1394-vi.jpg

A lot of very well detailed resin parts, at first glance with no defects of any sort.
DSCN1395-vi.jpg

DSCN1396-vi.jpg

DSCN1398-vi.jpg

There is also a p.e. fret and it's wort to notice that wing struts have metal rod reinforcement moulded inside.
DSCN1399-vi.jpg

I don't know yet wen I will start it, probably in July, as I just started the Bf 109 G4
Cheers
Alberto

I just got that kit myself on E-Bay and you're right that they are rare. I'm very impressed with the moldings in this kit. The radio sets are most impressive and compare favourably to the best resin parts I've seen. I'm probably going to do this kit for the next GB as soon as I get my 109 off the bench.

I have the Promodeller/Monogram version sitting in my stash. If Revell would like to continue their new Luftwaffe 1/32 scale series there's a '410 sitting at RAF Cosford waiting to be measured up...

That would be excellent. The Revell and ProModeller kits are the same, save for decals. Of course, Revell don't give you the swastikas unfortunately but seeing as how the kit is hard to come by, I snatched it up on E-Bay.

1982_rn.jpg

Just now ordered the new CyberHobby/Dragon 1/48 BF-110D nightfighter....for my 'well loved' nightfighter project. While I intended to do the Eduard kit at first...I was a bit intimidated by stories of bad fit in area's and very complicated construction in general. Looking at the Eduard 'G-4' kit still sitting in the stash and dryfitting a few basic parts kind of confirmed this. So I went with this new kit which judging from what I've read is also a very nicely engineerd kit with lots of details and generally a good fit. In addition it has some additional nightfighter goodies that come with it which is an advantage over de regular zerstorer kit Eduard offers (rather then a nightfighter), which naturally appeals to me, and it comes at about the same price as the Eduard kit.

This should be good. The only real fit issue I found with the Eduard kit is at the engine nacelle/wing joint which needs a lot of attention. Otherwise a very nice series of kits.

I guess the CyberHobby kit met te specs of the subject I'm interested in better then the Eduard kit, but with the G-4 Eduard still sitting in the stash I'll find about that kit kit sooner or later (gotta read up on nightfighter operations involving the BF-110G to pick a nice subject though. Also it will be interesting to see how this new CyberHobby offering sits compared to the Eduard series. The Eduard series are after all a huge leap forward compared to what was out there prior their release. I mean the cockpit alone (even the Weekend Edition) probably has more parts to it then the MiG-3 I'm working on all together.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back