Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good/disappointing day yesterday. My dad got a call from another policeman who also builds models telling him that the closest (to me) model shop is closing, and everything in the place was 50% off. Threw a hat and some respectable clothes on so my dad and I went. It's unfortunate because I live in a smaller city that touches the North end of Edmonton, and that is the only store on the North side, everything that's left is on the South side. However, deals were had! They didn't have a ton of stock, and they haven't updated it in a while so we suspected something was up.

I personally picked up:

Drag_Bf110D_Boxtop.jpg

ITL2656.jpg

2455573.jpg

CIMG5902.jpg

Also picked up (but not mine):

1/32 Revell Ju-87D (Hasegawa reboxing)
1/48 Academy Bf 109T
1/48 Revell B-25
1/48 Monogram He 111
1/24 Airfix Harrier
1/35 Dragon StuG III
1/48 F-101 Voodoo

I want to say I'm missing something, but that's most of them.

Nice grabs Cory. Seems to be a dying business around these parts. The guy who owns my favourite shop here in Calgary wants to sell it. He's got a fantastic selection of stuff, especially rare books. Buying the business would only be for the love of it as I can't see making a buck on it.

Thanks guys. It is too bad that a few have been closing. On the other hand, the one on the South side recently expanded so they seem to be doing well! They tend to have a few odd kits now and again (like the Airfix Bucc).

Just ordered this for the Boston, conversion to make it into a 418 Squadron RCAF bird.

Night Intruder Boston Havoc A20 on ModelDesignConstruction

L_CV48003.jpg

My friend and I did a project on 418 when we were in grade 8, we got 99% and won the school's "Heritage Fair" (kind of a science fair for Social Studies), so now that I've got a Boston it's time I made a 418 bird. Will be picking up decals for an as of yet non-existent Mosquito. :lol: That set's good because it comes with decals as well as the conversion, and with shipping it's cheaper than the CanMilAir version that's decals only that's based in Canada. All of their stuff is really expensive, and I'm not sure why. Have you ever used any of their stuff Andy?

Now just to see how long it takes to get here from England.

I won this off EvilBay last night. Not that I need another B-17G model but I have to admit I kinda like these Matchbox kits. Now I know it wouldn't be fair to compare it to the current B-17 kits from Academy but it was 1/3 the cost of those Academy kits. I don't know what I'll do with it just yet but theres plenty of time to figure that out. :mrgreen:

Matchbox%2040603%20B-17.JPG

This might make a good POW aircraft... Hummm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back