Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well ive finally got the airfix valiant and what can i say its just WOW thats one nice kit .Its moulded in grey softish plastic with nice engraved panel lines that are very sharp the cockpit looks pretty good for a 1/72 beast with all the crew stations and even the ceiling to the pressurized cabin the bomb bay is pretty good to it as normal bombs or you can do the operation grapple version with the blue danube bomb which is included . I will try and get some pics up cos this kit is one big mother and very well done too.BB

Great scores guys!

My latest as of today - found a shop dealing in second hand kit rarities!

Also ordered 2 long wanted accessories from Hannants: CMK Me 262 resin/PE detail set, and Pavla Spitfire PR XIX resin external details (both 1:72 of course).

Some nice buy's well i picked up Hasegawa 1/32 Bf109E and put order in for tamiya's P51 mustang.

Good stuff guys.
Woody, before you even open the Hasegawa kit of the '109, search out the thread I did reviewing this kit (and the old Matchbox kit), as this is a very old, very inaccurate kit, with its origins in the Frog moulds of the late 1960s. That said, with a lot of work, it can be made into a nice model - was going to do it for the BoB GB, but needed a lot more time than the GB allowed !!
(I might start it for the 'Aces' GB - perhaps).

I ordered this for the current GB as well as a set of decals to make it for the Manchurian Air Corps. I then look at the schemes with the kit. Now I'm trying to make up my mind between the Manchurian or Yugoslavian one.

Attachments

• Bf108.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Decals.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Yugo.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 97
Gotta love that BF-108. I've been thinking about adding that to my stash as well.

@Javlin
I'll keep the decal-issue in mind when I get to it. Luckily it doesn't have too much 'special' decals going with it, so should the need arise, a few crosses and some letters from the spares box seems doable. What happened to you decals? Did they fall apart or just 'didn't work'

What's your verdict on the kit as such (let alone the decals) I don't have much experience with the somewhat older Eduard stuff (it's mostly their excellent BF-110/BF-109/FW-190 series what you see these days), but from what I've read this one is pretty decent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread