Recent Purchases (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Recently I've been feeling like doing something completely different as far as building models is concerned. Since I've never done a helicopter this seemed like an interesting step in uncharted territory.

The Hobbyboss Lynx
hobbyboss-royal-navy-westland-lynx-has2-87236-box.jpg

The Italeri CH-146 Griffon
italeri-084-ch-146-griffon.jpg

Both kits come with options/markings to turn in into a Dutchie. The Lynx for the Dutch navy and the Griffon with markings to turn into into a striking yellow AB-412 'tweety' of 303 SAR Sqn (which also happens to be based on Leeuwarden where I live) I will sure miss this yellow bird flying about as it's due to be replaced by NH-90 in the near future

Last edited:
Although they are a bit pricy (given their size) I've seen a few seemingly excellent Pavla resin sets for the Lynx kit. Intertior and other things to update it to a present-day Lynx. Perhaps I could do the Lynx that did the evac in Lybia that went South earlier this year and was lost to Kadaffi-loyal militia.

My recent additions are a bit different. Materials for scratchbuilding and vac-forming.

3 sheets of .020 styrene 48" X 70"

1 sheet .060 clear PETG 48" X 48"

1 sheet .030 clear PETG 48" X 48"

Buying in bulk saves huge, IF you're going to use it. These sheets are about 1/4 the price of the small packages.

I hope you plan on sharing how you transform all this into a vac-U-form. :p 8)

Great scores guys!

My latest as of today - found a shop dealing in second hand kit rarities! :D

Also ordered 2 long wanted accessories from Hannants: CMK Me 262 resin/PE detail set, and Pavla Spitfire PR XIX resin external details (both 1:72 of course).

View attachment 171728View attachment 171729View attachment 171730View attachment 171731

I've been looking for a Stuart for some time now and this is one of the kits I've been looking at. How is it? Do you think it's worth pursuing?

IMO it's a nice little kit Dirk, with choice of British riveted and US 'horse-shoe' cast turrets.
Various parts will benefit from scaling down and superdetailing of course, but basic design has been captured well and looks good even built OOB (as I did in 1985/6)

Details:

STA53147.JPG
STA53162.JPG
STA53163.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back