Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fubar, this rivet maker is good?

Cheers

This is made with the smallest wheel using medium pressure. The only problems I can see would be using it with rivet lines that run on the wing close to the fuselage.

003.JPG

004.JPG
005.JPG

Geo

Dave, thanks for the warning. Will make sure to avoid those guys.

Here's what I picked up at the model show last Saturday. The DKM Scharnhorst was a steal at $25. The Lightning was $15 and the book and EagleCals a combined $50. Also went on line today and bought the excellent Lion Roar upgrade set for the Scharnhorst.

IMG_7463.JPG

Here you go $16 plus $8.75 shipping
Amtech 1 48 P 40K 5 Kittyhawk III | eBay

Interesting Glenn. Definitely might be an option for me. I would have to buy through Ebay.ca rather than Ebay.com and this seller charges $25 to ship to Canada.

BTW I can get the Hasegawa 1/48 P40E dropped at the door from Amazon.ca for $31. Is this a good kit?

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The Hasegawa P-40 is a beaut and comes in many forms. The only pain is that you'll likely get a separate tail that you'll need to take care of.

13121202.jpg

Dave, sorry about the late response. Looks like we crossed posts. And thnaks guys. I was not trolling for compliments, just showing Dave the seam that needs to be dealt with. Sure is better than having to cut the tail though.

The Canadian aircraft book is by the same outfit that does the Aviaeology decals and lists for about 30 bucks. Soft cover, 72 pages including index. 19 articles covering Fox Moth, Catalina, Mustang I, Fleet Fort, Sunderland, Hurricane, Bolingbroke, Northrop Delta, Douglas Boston, Liberator, Spitfire, Blackburn Shark, Beaufighter, Lysander, Kittyhawk, and Hudson. Two to 4 pages each with very good profiles, pictures and brief service histories. It's the first in an intended series of volumes. Have not read it yet but if it's anything like the quality of the info that they include with their decals, it should be excellent.

I actually like the Hobbycraft kits. You just have to go into them knowing that there will be some extra work involved. I've made their P-36, P-40, I-16, Bf 109 and a few others and with the exception of one spitfire I did, the finished product turned out pretty decent.

Brooks, you'll like that Mustang kit. Not as good at the Tamiya Mustangs but close. Just remember to join the nose sides to the fuselage sides before you put the fuselage halves together, You'll save yourself a lot of headaches that way.

Thank you for the advice the Glenn, I will do my best to remember it sir.:thumbright:

Thanks Andy,

Got to check out the Aviaology series for sure.

Here's my latest acquisition. The just released MIG Ammo Workbench organizer. This is going to be a big help for me as I can load it up with the paints etc I am going to use for a specific build instead of having paints scattered across the bench that I am presently using as opposed to the area where I store all of them.

mig8001.jpg

safe_image.php.jpg

Micro-Mark has offered something very similar for several years, although it appears yours is larger and theirs doesn't have the slots for brush's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back