Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airfix 1/48th Bf 109 E-1 came my way on Christmas day. Looks nice BUT why oh why are there no swastikas!!

Please let me have the choice, if I object to the sight of this symbol I won't put them on, but let me be allowed to make an accurate facsimile as possible.

I wonder how many modellers actually leave them off a model?

Moan over! Rummage through the odds and sods box!

Last edited:
Nice one, it's apparently a good kit too. Shame about the swastikas, especially as it's only due to restrictions on one or two countries. There have been some recent releases of swastika decal sheets, available through Hannant's - must replace my depleted stock !

Here's my latest purchase - Azur 1/72 Rogožarski IK-3, LiftHere aftermarket decals for Yugoslav Bf 109Es and Bf 109Gs and Tamiya weathering set...

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 104
  • b.gif
    b.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 116
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 100
Aye, it's sure from where the designers drew their inspiration from. More so because the aircraft was driven by the same engine as Morane MS.406, while Hurricane was licence build in Yugoslav factories so we had insight into its construction. The armament was similar with Bf 109F though - two machine guns on the engine cowling and a cannon through the propeller shaft...

FINALLY...after deciding in 1998 I HAD to have one..! (better late than never :) )

Alder AD-370 airbrush, GS model AS-18 compressor.

Attachments

• STA51115.JPG
    STA51115.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 100
  • STA51114.JPG
    STA51114.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 98
Gordon Bennett Red Two! That's some haul old boy! The P47 is a beaut kit, goes together well too. What do you think of the ICM '109? I'm waiting for the F-2 version to arrive from Hannants. Some problems with the cowling and engine fit (like the Spit) apparently, but I'm sure these kits are designed to be built with cowling off or open if the engine is in, or leave out the engine with closed cowlings. Soon find out!

Hey, Terry why don't you try to get a hold on Zvezda's new 1/48 Bf 109F kit. Tough I haven't seen it myself I heard only good things about it as being the one of the best Friedrich kits out there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back