RENO 2009! HERE I COME

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well its over - took 2nd again. The last race was exciting, we were catching up to Curt and he only beat us by 3 seconds. We taped the hell out of the airplane and picked up a few knots as well. All and all still very rewarding.

We are trying to expand the Jet Class at Reno - although competitive, we're all a big family. Can't wait till 2010 I'll also have some Reno news in the next few days.

I looked over the race results on Monday. Seeing how Curt set a course record during qualifying, it sounds like he had the fast setup. Good to see you gave him a run for his money though.

I also saw that Ken Gottschall took 1st in the T6 Silver race. Very cool. I have flown with him a few times. Great guy and a great pilot.

I looked over the race results on Monday. Seeing how Curt set a course record during qualifying, it sounds like he had the fast setup. Good to see you gave him a run for his money though.

I also saw that Ken Gottschall took 1st in the T6 Silver race. Very cool. I have flown with him a few times. Great guy and a great pilot.

The T-6 race was really exciting Lots of passing and changing of the lead from what I remember.

I have got to get up there for the races one of these years. I have a buddy with an RV that stays up there the whole week. I would love to do that too, but I don't know how well that would go over with the missus.

Thanks all....

At the end of the races I was approached by the Jet Class race committee to be a tech inspector during next years' races! I must be doing something right!

Very cool Joe! Congrats on 2nd place!

Take me with you next time. I will work for free...:lol:

Hey I might take you up on that!!!!

BTW - Anyone here listens to "Offspring?" Front man Dexter Holland loaned his L-39 to us for use as a starter plane. He also had his private jet with an anarchy symbol painted on the tail parked along side allof our jets.

Whatever position you finished
sounds like you had a thoroughly good time
Glad you enjoyed it Joe

Hey I might take you up on that!!!!

BTW - Anyone here listens to "Offspring?" Front man Dexter Holland loaned his L-39 to us for use as a starter plane. He also had his private jet with an anarchy symbol painted on the tail parked along side allof our jets.

I did not know he owned a L-39. Is he a pilot?

Edit: Just did a quick search and found out he has a commercial pilots license and has even done an around the world solo flight in 10 days.

Last edited:
It been cold and snowy here so it gave me time to post the last of my Reno pics.

The last pic is me, Mike Mangold and Nicholas Ivanoff, French Red Bull pilot. Great guy, he rigged a camera in the cockpit.

Attachments

• DSCF2958.JPG
    DSCF2958.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF2959.JPG
    DSCF2959.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF2960.JPG
    DSCF2960.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF2963.JPG
    DSCF2963.JPG