Revell 1/32 Me-109g

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I would buy the paint locally,but at John's it seems like they don't give a crap and W&W just down the street are selling everything way too high. MM paint $3.95 the Airfix 1/24 Spitty VB $119+13% tax. Besides if I were to buy the paint there,they tend to look at you like "You cheap prick,you only bought 2 tins of paint". I can get everything I need off ebay from around the world,have it shipped and it is a lot less expensive than the LHS. Airfix 1/24 vb $49 +$11.99 to ship from London. The #s don't lie

Besides if I were to buy the paint there,they tend to look at you like "You cheap prick,you only bought 2 tins of paint".

Well ... don't you know what should be done then.....?

The example ...

On Monday, a customer coming to a shop , asked a salesman, who was well-known of his arrogance , if there were herrings in marmelade. The answer was negative.
The another day the guy came and asked about these fishes again . And again the seller replied "No".
The next day the man dropped in still asking the same. He was doing that untill a Friday.
The monger have thought there must have been a need for such food and mixed a barel of herrings with a barrel of marmelade.
On the Saturday the guy came again and asked about it. This time, the salesperson's answer was positive.
So the customer said.... man, who will buy it from you now.....

But back to the track... a time for building of a model consists of 75% for thinking about and gathering of all references, correct colours, etc....Then 20% for direct working on the model. And finally, 5% for admiring of your own job. :lol:

Please post a couple of pictures with tops and undersides of the kit wing. Also a few of the engine cowling parts.

Best I can do at this time of the day

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 78
Howdy Prem. If you want mottling and don't have an airbrush might I suggest using clear decal paper? I took your photo, added a layer, quickly added the mottles using a paint brush, blurred the mottles and then deleted the under layer. You then print the mottles on clear decal film. I use Paint.net but I'm sure other photoshop programs have an airbrush feature. I mix the RGB colors from this site. The Ultimate Model Paint Conversion Chart It takes some practice to get the sizes right and if you have profiles of the aircraft you want, you just add a layer and copy over the mottle.

bf109-1.jpg

bf109-11.jpg

bf109-111.jpg

PS: I forgot to include a shot of just the mottles. That's why it looks different than the middle picture.

Geo

OK. Well done. I have asked for these images because you had mentioned it twice that you were goining to make F variant instead of the G type. I'm not sure if the reason for that is a mistake you made or you are really going to make the conversion. Looking at these pictures I noticed that there are bulged fairings over the wheel bays. The F variant didn't have a such ones there. These bulges appaered with G-3 sub-type because of using of wheels of bigger diameter. Of course there is more differences between these two versions.. e.g the F variant had stiffeners at the rear area of the fuselage while the G one didn't.

So which varianat are you going to follow G or F? Undoubtedly the kit is for the G variant.

Howdy Prem. If you want mottling and don't have an airbrush might I suggest using clear decal paper? I took your photo, added a layer, quickly added the mottles using a paint brush, blurred the mottles and then deleted the under layer. You then print the mottles on clear decal film. I use Paint.net but I'm sure other photoshop programs have an airbrush feature. I mix the RGB colors from this site. The Ultimate Model Paint Conversion Chart It takes some practice to get the sizes right and if you have profiles of the aircraft you want, you just add a layer and copy over the mottle.

Geo

Geo,

It's a very interesting way for making the decals for the mottling. But applying of a such large decal might be a trouble for a begginer. This is my opinion.
However it can be used for making paper masks.

Good stuff Prem, and great pics Vaughan.
Just had a thought re the final colour scheme, to keep it easy. This kit is actually Revell's original Bf109F, with added parts to make the 'G' variant. You could leave off the 'Beule', the bulges over the gun breeches on top of the cowling, and make an 'F', don't paint in the central frame on the canopy, and finish the model in a very early 'F' scheme, similar to the 'E' you posted. Or, do similar, and paint in a desert scheme as a 'F' or early 'G'.
This would allow a nicely finished model, without the complication of mottle and airbrush use.
BTW, Revell are releasing a new tool Bf109G-6 in December, which should be excellent, and will retail at under $30 in the 'States (£19.99 in the UK).
This is why I was going to do the F

Users who are viewing this thread

Back