Revell 1/32 Me-109g

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

According to my references you have to remove these bulged fairings on wing tops for the F type. To be honest .. these looking like being too large even for the G variant.

But back to the track... a time for building of a model consists of 75% for thinking about and gathering of all references, correct colours, etc....Then 20% for direct working on the model. And finally, 5% for admiring of your own job. :lol:

Agree completely!!!

Would add that the 20% time working on the model itself is mostly spent SANDING! :)

So what do I have then?

You can either stay with the G variant or sanding down these bulges. So if you decide to sand down them I can give you a tip on how to do that.

BTW Is the e-mail address in your profile OK? If it is please check your e-mail box.

And you are right Evan. I have forgotten about mentioning of that. :thumbright: :lol:

Last edited:
It seems like progress has come to a halt for the time being. I am awaiting my line of RLM paints to arrive(10-14 days I suspect) so I need to finish the Spitty. Need to get a rattle can of flat,add prop,canopy and fiddly bits and redo exhaust and paint the yellow,green and red marking lights. So in the meantime Vaughan and Meat's have inspired me to begin the ground work on this. I'm going to do the 5 New thread I guess.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Looking good so far, but I beleive the F has more changes to it, a diffrent tire track and some small cosmetic diffrences more than the bulges itself :S I'll double check my refrences and post :)

Some early F's also had reinforcing strips on the fuselage near the tail which were eventually done away with on later F's. But you know, it all depends on how realistic the modeler wants to be and I'm sure all this is very confusing to some.

As a suggestion, for this one, just do it as you wish, either as an 'F' or early 'G', which will at least look the part.
If we start going into what's needed for this or that, you'll end up needing a totally different kit for either version - as the original Revell kits, in both 'F' and 'G' versions, are inaccurate in so many areas to start with. Therefore, a slight inaccuracy in final presentation won't make much difference!
Better at this stage to use this as practice - get it built, and painted, to the best of your abilities, and then move on.

I need that paint. I'm having withdrawals and I am not doing anything with the F6F-5 until i get more practice on this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back