Revell 1/32 Spitfire MK1 #4555

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Building this plane with all your guys help is like a factory worker trying to land an A380 with instuctions form the control tower:lol: I just hope I can land her safely

Yes it is. These pictures are not too large and the net browser dispalying them faster. Well done.
As far as the alignement is concerned.... yes I can see that. As you can noticed , the rule " fit three times glue once" is still valid.

I see. However it might be a problem. You would have to sunder the engine into parts and put all of them together again.

OK, but you'll need to decide what to do with the prop since the shaft attaches to the engine that you decided to get rid of. Personally, I'd have no problem gluing the spinner and prop directly to the fuselage as I don't spend much of my time spinning the prop any more but if it's important to you to have the prop turn, you'll need to find a way to preserve the shaft.

What I was thinging was to glue the engine inside because of the exhaust and just painting the engine matt black thus saving the shaft You wont even see the engine when she is all buttoned up

Sorry to hear that the engine replic is kaput. What happened?

Well since I want to have the plane in flight,trying to get the engine perfect did not make sence. The cowlings will be in place. So I decided that I will just glue the engine inside because it will provide a good foundation for the exhaust and prop shaft. I was just cleaning up the fusolage and noticed that 2 of the rudder parts were broken and 1 of the parts that attach the wing flape were also broken (as you can see in these pics.) How do i fix this. I know I am not there yet but would like some solutions that I can tinker with and give a dry run before attempting to try this on the plane.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 87
Could you shown me these not broken hinges? I mean I would like to see how these look like generally but take a close up pic from different direction, please.

And show me these fuselage half with attached panel of engine cowling please.

Wurger how a these?

Attachments

• b 001.JPG
    b 001.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 98
  • b 003.JPG
    b 003.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 106
  • b 004.JPG
    b 004.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 98
  • b 005.JPG
    b 005.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 107
  • b 007.JPG
    b 007.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 104
OK. I can see now. Do you have a such needle file like this one... ?

1322246621iglak_p%C5%82aski.gif

What is more... the flap hinges are fine. There was nothing broken. The left one has a part of the mould frame that has to be removed.

Last edited:
There is a few ways for fixing a such broken parts. But the best one that gives the most stable joint is to remove ( with a scalpel or a needle file ) the remnants of the hinge with a piece of the fin ( pic1). Then using these pieces of the mould frame for making a plastic bar ( however the thickness of these plastic plates might be enough for making the bar. If not , we can stick two of them or more in order to get the correct thickness) ( a note here... These plates of a mould frame , have numbers or short inscriptions moulded at one side. In the case these letters have to be sanded down ). Having the plastic bar (plate) ready we can attach it to the fin (pic2). The next step can be done when the glue is hardened fully. Then it has to be shapped with a needle file and sandpaper (pic3). The final effect depends on our accuracy and clean work.

003a.jpg

003b.jpg

003c.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back