Revell 1/32 Spitfire MK1 #4555

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got a trick for you for painting silver. Never stir the stuff, custom mix in a cup or on a piece of card or whatever, get a glob of goop (technical terms) from the bottom and add the top liquid a little at a time to get a thick consistancy. This will stop it from running, and gives you more control. Cockpit color looks good!

Looking good so far. Just one thing though - the instrument panel was black, with the fuselage frame only in the cockpit grey green colour. Take a line from left to right, immediately above the compass, and all above that line is black, and below is green, as already painted.
The seat should be a dull reddish brown overall, to replicate the resin- impregnated 'papier mache' construction, with a very dark brown, almost black, back rest padding, although the latter is not moulded on the kit part.

Airframes, I may have a bit of trouble with the instrument panel painting to top part black as you will see. As far as the seat goes will a combination of these 2 colours work? Getting somewhere me thinks:confused:

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 94
Here you go.

Now, one thing you'll need to do if you're looking for accuracy is to chuck out that landing gear actuator on the right hand side of the cockpit. If you want a true Mk1 cockpit like the one in the below restored sample, you'll need to add the hand pump as in the below pics.

cockpit-comp-1-C.jpg
cockpit-comp-2-C.jpg
DX 041111 cockpit details D450 001-C.jpg
DX 041111 Conceiled Radio 004-C.jpg
DX 041111 Rudder pedal original-C.jpg
DX 061011 cockpit details D450 002-C.jpg
DX 061011 cockpit details D450 007-C.jpg
DX 061011 cockpit details D450 008-C.jpg
DX 061011 cockpit details D450 010-C.jpg
DX 061011 cockpit details D450 013-C.jpg

Waiting for brushes 000 00000 to arrive,so I can fix the instrument panel add some copper and red for more detail. When I got my 1st set of brushes I thought I wound never use 0. Boy was I wrong. Thanks for the pics CR.

So it is usually enough to key a word or words in the line there for a thing you are looking for. Then click the option "Graphic" or something like that at the top bar of the Google page.... and voila.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back