Revell 1/32 Spitfire MK1 #4555

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Concerning the prop shaft... could you post a picture of the front area of the fuselage but without the engine replic? ALso I would like to see these prop parts. Please.

Wurger,you are definatly a master builder. I will try my best to do this and post my success or crash landing. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thank you for kind words. Another note here ( I have almost forgotten. ) You should also remember about the another side of the fuselage.Usually you can put a fuselage half on a flat surface ( e.g. wooden board.) If the bar you want to attach , has one edge running stright you can use the feature. Put the fuselage half on the wooden board flat and pin it down to the board with rubber bands. Then you can stick the plastic bar into the aperture. The main adventage of the way is that you will obtain the bar edge running parallely to the fuselage seam. For the fus half with these setting pins you have to drill holes in the board for them. Do you grasp?

If you don't I repeat a sequence of shots of my Fw190A-6 model being still under construction. I used the way described above for making her fuselage longer. I cut the fuselage and spred apart a little bit making gaps. Then I inserted plastic plates ( of thickness I needed ) into these gaps. Please notice the fuselage half laying flat on a wooden board. These plastic plates went into holes untill their front edges hit the central line of the fuselage while those bottom reached the top surface of the wooden board only. ALso please notice that these plastic plates are jutting a few milimetres beyond out of the fuselage top end bottom edges ( the effect you need to achieve for the hinges ) . Later I sanded down tops of these plates fitting them to the fuselage curvature. The same way you can make these broken hinges. It will let you to keep the correct geommetry of the model.

86888.jpg

86889.jpg

86890.jpg

87051.jpg

87054.jpg

87062.jpg

86894.jpg

87069.jpg

87070.jpg

Last edited:
Well I think I have done a descent job on my repair. I will post some pics when I get home tonight. I was a little worried that I would screw this up,so I was dragging my feet on starting,but I think I have jumped over that hurdle and I hope it will be smooth sailing for a while. Pretty decient little model though,a lot of flash on the small bits mind you.Revell has re-issued this kit as #80-0021 in 2010 with better instuction sheet as far as painting is concerned. I downloaded it from the Revell site.

Here is what I came up with to fix the rudder problem. I know some of you are thinking"what the hell is that" but it is the best I can do with the skills I have now.Give me some time. I belive I can make this look good in the end .BTW,what is the right Humbrol colour #for this? I was thinking 226

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 90
  • fix 002.JPG
    fix 002.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 97
  • paint 001.JPG
    paint 001.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 95
If you mean the underside colour, 'Sky', then the nearest Humbrol colour is 90. It's not exactly 'spot on', but close enough, and closer than the suggested Revell mix.

I was a little confused that when you see the interior painting guild for #80-0021 they tell you to paint parts H. I belive this is wrong and it should be C Hu68. Am I correct at this conclusion.

Your fix looks pretty good. Not sure what you mean by your question but if you're asking about the interior cockpit colour, it should be a grayish green like this:

03n_15_017-640x480.jpg

What I meant to say was will Revell 68 or Humbrol78 work not what the instuctions call for75% Re59 25% Re65

Do a little experimenting with mixing, put it on a part of the fuselage or inside the wing where it won't be seen to check the color against the plastic.
I usually do a custom mix, British interior green is an unusual shade, but once you figure it out, it is easy to replicate.

Just cleaned up some parts that were already painted when I got this. Going to re-paint Hu 78 Hu33 and Rev99 for cockpit assembly. I am also working on engine paint

Attachments

• paint 005.JPG
    paint 005.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 127
  • paint 004.JPG
    paint 004.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 107
This is what I came up with. As far as the engine goes,since you wont see it I thought now is a good time for some engine paint practice,ah what the hell. I know its not pro but I am happy with the results for a newbee. Give me a year and watch out:lol: The lighting is getting bad

Attachments

• 1111111 006.JPG
    1111111 006.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 1111111 005.JPG
    1111111 005.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 100
  • 1111111 003.JPG
    1111111 003.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 1111111 004.JPG
    1111111 004.JPG