Revell 1/72nd Supermarine Walrus Mk.1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

She came out really nice there Matt love the rigging and paint.The camo looks the part for 1/72 always liked hard lines on the smaller subjects more to the perspective of the scale.Cheers Kevin

Matt, I like the model though I think it's quite an ugly flying boat.But work you have done is great.Nice , very nice.:D

Ugly, Wurger? Ugly? My dear friend, she is the epitomy of ugly, but that is what makes her utilitarian beauty. Not an ounce is wasted on asthetics. Functionality in her purest form. Literally a flying boat. She's wonderful... :love3:

:lol:

Again, thanks for all the kind comments guys. I do appreciate it.

Ugly, Wurger? Ugly? My dear friend, she is the epitomy of ugly, but that is what makes her utilitarian beauty. Not an ounce is wasted on asthetics. Functionality in her purest form. Literally a flying boat. She's wonderful... :love3:

:lol:

Again, thanks for all the kind comments guys. I do appreciate it.

Here, here about the aesthetics of the old Shagbat. No pretensions, no beauty of line, just all business (I think Supermarine used up all its beauty-making potential in the Spitfire - there was nothing left over for the Walrus). She's so ugly she's beautiful. How can one be so heartless as to not love the Shagbat? If she were a woman, they'd say about her, "....well, she's got a great personality".

Venganza

I think the Supermarine design team must have spent some time in my town, looking at the women - then transferred their thoughts to the Walrus!
Have to say it again Matt, superb job, and I'm about to order the SMER 1/48th scale Walrus from Hannant's; that means they can send me some decent paint as well!

Don't worry Terry, in NZ she'd be a stunner! ... alot of our women are 'okay' but very rarely 'beautiful' (you have to go to central Europe to get those ones :) )

Don't worry Terry, in NZ she'd be a stunner! ... alot of our women are 'okay' but very rarely 'beautiful' (you have to go to central Europe to get those ones :) )

I say! my little roadie south showed me that this country has some real stunners!:D

dammit ,most of them would proberly be tourists from Europe:(

Depends where you went - if Queenstown and remarkables, they probably were tourists! :)

...No, we do have some nice ones around the place, trouble is they're either married or lesbians...or atleast that's what they told me...(??) :( :)

Lovely job on the Walrus Matt, the rigging turned out great. Nice painting on the bird and on the figures too. Plus she's really nicely weathered, it really looks the part. Well done Sir! :thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back