Revell 1/72nd Supermarine Walrus Mk.1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It must be catching - I'm the same with at least six or more models! One of those things I'll do when it's ready to go on a base. Yeah! Right!

Only six or more models, Airframes? You're lucky - I can't count high enough to know how many nearly completed models I have tucked away safely out of sight (out of sight, out of mind). Sometimes I think we modellers have the attention span of children - just as we're about to finish a kit, another nice, shiny new kit comes along that takes our attention away, so off into some dusty corner goes our forlorn almost-finished model while we play with our new toy.

Venganza

The rigging is now all done (unless I'm become more bold). I dropped her once and cringed. But it was only a little battle damage. Tail wheel/rudder is now on, wing floats and fuselage windows decals are on.

I would post pics, but want to just finish at this point. Need to install:

* Sliding pilot window
* Lewis gun
* HF aerials
* Bow ropes

Should be done soon. Here's a rigging pic as a teaser...

Attachments

• DSCF2002.JPG
    DSCF2002.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 80
Thanks, Catch. More to come. Gotta cook hamburgers for the family. Perhaps by this Friday.

Beautiful work Matt! I love that rigging - what's your technique?

(And "Amen" Venganza - you are the voice of the people, or atleast the modelling population! :))

Surger thread (linen), superglue and minimize the number of runs. Each wing is only two different threads with the end-corners-end tacked. Here's the basic gist...

Attachments

• rigging.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
Thanks Matt! That's a great idea.

Just noticed your weathering on the engine fairing too...fantastic!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back