Revell Constellation redux

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

yeah, and I got a new job coming up :lol

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
well, I finally decided to reinstall the wing tip tanks on the connie but look at the wings on this connie model here:

Heller 1/72 Connestellation

I'm thinking of doing that light gray before I do the silver.....what do you guys think?

here's a pic with the wing tanks!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    666.5 KB · Views: 96
I'm thinking of doing that light gray before I do the silver.....what do you guys think?

Was it easy to attach these fuel tanks to the model? If it was, you could paint them separately with a primer and the silver one. Then these could be attached at the end. But if these are of the same colour as the rest of the model you can follow your idea.

no, not exactly. it was difficult to re-attach them.

applied flat white to areas that needed white. once the white dries, I'll mask off the white and apply the gloss black for the future silver paint.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    668.8 KB · Views: 82
thanks, Wojtek! the thing that irritates me about this kit, tho is that 1: the fuselage halves don't go together too well, so I'd have to fight with it, and 2....there are no cockpit window decals, so I'd have to individually paint each window. it's a PITA @_@

There isn't a kit of that all pieces fit perfectly, Rob. But you have done a nice work so far.

Concerning the Lufthansa "uniform" Do you mean the one?

Conni_18.jpg

Last edited:
yup, that's the very one, Wojtek. she's gonna be one sexy girl when she's finished!

So it shouldn't be a problem to make a such painting around cockpit windows etc... if you don't have decals for that.

Here you are two shots of the German Connie that can be useful for making masking.

ts

revell_connie-decals.jpg

Last edited:
You'r welcome Rob. But what is the problem with these cockpit windows? I might have understood you incorrectly, I'm afraid.

Oh boy... just dip a toothpick into the stuff and then apply it inside the "window" (hole). Touch it to all four sides while swirling it around and pull out the toothpick.

:lol::lol::lol: just stick a GD toothpic in the dam window :lol::lol: it's nice to laugh early in the morning Thks Wotjek and Rob :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back