Revell Constellation redux

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems you are alone at home Kevin. :lol: An interesting interpretation of words. :lol:

the cockpit part is already clear. but I choose to paint over it, because to me, it's better than trying to cut teeny bits of masking tape to fit over the windows.

pic 1: top of the fuselage and wing tanks masked off, gloss black undercoat applied for a coat of polished aluminum

pic 2: the two other tails re-attached....she looks like a constellation again!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    689.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    625.6 KB · Views: 102
chrome silver applied and polished to a gleaming shine!. now I'm contemplating whether or not to take off the tape and apply the necessary light gray by hand or wait till it cures, mask off the unneccessary areas and apply it by airbrush

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    595.3 KB · Views: 81
masking tape peeled off. I will do a bunch of touch ups later.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    570.6 KB · Views: 61
Both are nice Rob, and thanks for explaining about the grey. Not sure without seeing period pics of the real aircraft if it was grey, or different grained alloy. Got me wanting to do a Connie though !!

finally, with the DC-4 completed, I can continue on the Constellation. I'm very proud of how I did those cockpit windows. LOVING them!

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    561.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    603.9 KB · Views: 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Back