Revells 1/32 Hurricane mk.1 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK mate, I'll send the spinner to you. It'll need some packing or filling to blend it to the kit's prop, but it should look OK when done. I'll include another one which could be made to look like a Rotol, if you trim the rear face by about 3 or 4mm. (It's off a Beaufighter)The kit's blades will be fine with this. You need to slim down the prop blades a bit for a De Havilland prop.

OK mate, I'll send the spinner to you. It'll need some packing or filling to blend it to the kit's prop, but it should look OK when done. I'll include another one which could be made to look like a Rotol, if you trim the rear face by about 3 or 4mm. (It's off a Beaufighter)The kit's blades will be fine with this. You need to slim down the prop blades a bit for a De Havilland prop.
Jamie
are you and Terry sorted on the spinner then?
This lad's not got back to me but it could conceivably be that he's not in a position to answer at the weekend.
If he does get back to me I'll let you know what he says anyway

would be nice colin as i plan doing another of these in the future so would be handy to know

Yep Colin, I'd like to know too, as I want to do the same kit again, replacing the prop and wheels. The rest can be sorted.
Jamie, I'll try to get the parts in the Post tomorrow - I was going to go today, but I'm a bit stiff and imobile at the moment - bl**dy weather affecting the arthritis!!

later than promised but here they are have added brake lines to the main UC removed blisters and cannon fairings from wings assembled fuselage . also got a prop form the people colin sugested came with no backplate so trying to work with what i have not sure about the big holes though .opinions at this point vey helpful

Attachments

• 100_0609.JPG
    100_0609.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_0607.JPG
    100_0607.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_0610.JPG
    100_0610.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_0611.JPG
    100_0611.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_0613.JPG
    100_0613.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_0614.JPG
    100_0614.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 100_0616.JPG
    100_0616.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 116
...also got a prop form the people colin suggested came with no backplate so trying to work with what i have...
Jamie
I've just looked on the site, that assembly should come with a backplate, get back in touch with them and tell them you want one (you've paid for it).

Great to hear you got the prop sorted Jamie. I haven't got out to the Post Office yet, as I've been a bit too stiff to walk far, although the spinners were packed and ready. Saved me a job now!
It's looking good so far mate, although I hadn't realised it was still the MkIIC kit, just with different decals! A bit naughty of Revell! I think I might not bother getting one now, as I thought it had the right basic parts.
Your decals should be with you soon, as I've been told the sealant spray is on the way (was out of stock). I'll get them done, sprayed and posted soon as the stuff arrives.

Nice work. Looks like it will be a nice finish. Opinion? Have a look at your elevator to fuselgae joint. You may need to fill it, although it seems there's lots of raised detail you'll lose if you have to sand. Otherwise, looks real good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back